2004 Volvo S40 Sedan Consumer Reviews 8

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
New to Volvo, I made a GREAT choice!
By aglio412 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Went to a VW dealership expecting to walk out with a turbo Beetle for my fiancee. Instead we got a GREAT deal on a 2004 S40 LSE. The ride is great and the car is shockingly responsive for only being a 4cyl turbo with automatic transmission. The interior is GREAT. the leather seating is luxurious and the dash/controls are ergonomically placed. I'm already so comfortable in it that I feel like I've owned the car for 3 years, not 3 days.

So far, GREAT!
By Timscotland on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife drives a V70 D5 a car I have been very impressed by. I am now middle aged and therefore have been required to go for a sensible car. My Honda Accord TypeR had to go and I have to be a grown up :-( Enter an S40 T5 so much torque, quiet (great news after the Honda) 30mpg at 90mph I love this car. Even running in, resticted to 3000rpm, you are traveling at 90+ but as the milage goes on (now at 1100 in 10 days) the engine gets better and better. The 6 speed gearbox is smooth and precise, better even than the Honda with it's award winning box, even if 6 speeds are unnessisary with the car.

Volvo S40 LSE AS R
By Mr.Garza on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall a great car. Going to Grossinger Volvo in Lincolnwood, Illinois was a hassle, they have a terrible service center, and when we terminated a lease of a 2000 Toyota Camry XLE they lost the keys, manual to the car and never returned it on time(recieved bills from toyota). Great car for the money. It would have been better if they had told us about the new redesigned 2004.5 Volvo S40. The service is terrible they don't know the parts of the car, they don't know how to fix problems with the car(squeking noise when braking), and they don't know which car you own, last time they brought us the wrong car!!!Don't go to Grossinger!!!

My Volvo S40 w/ Sports Package
By WilliamLAlsmeyer on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The Turbo makes this vehicle perform magnificently. It's a little cramped inside, but the trunk, and fold down rear seat produce lots of Cargo Space. My wife traded in her Volvo GL-240, w/ over 200k miles, and only did so because it became difficult to get repair parts. Comes w/ 3 years and 36k miles bumper-to-bumper warranty, including tires, w all routine and emergency maintenance w/o charge. That can be extended. Maintenance costs then, are included in the purchase price!

New S40
By Dude 5 on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love it. Drives like a luxury car with all the amenities you could want.

Best Purchase Ever!
By Debbie N. on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

What a great little car! Having already purchased a used Volvo wagon, we knew we wanted our next car to be a Volvo, but affordability was an issue. I moved from a Saturn into the Volvo S40, and was surprised at how inexpensive the car was, and how much bang we got for our buck.

bang for buck
By jennifers favorite on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

rides good very good fuel economy getting an average around 29 or 30 mpg on a 35 mile trip to work daily on road with cruise control set on 79mph we got 35 to36 mpg from ga to ind

I love this car !!!
By Ozgur on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best car I`ve ever had. It sporty, elegant, and reliable. I used to had couple of Japanese cars before, they were also good but I can not compare with this car. She got 1.9 litre small engine, but enough power. Built quality is much more better than most Japanese cars. Its reliable, safe and the most important, IT IS A VOLVO !!!

I love it!
By KEM on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It has been really great, very reliable, comfortable, and handles great. It feels very solid and safe while driving.

great car
By ZETA on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I LOVE THE CAR. VERY FUN TO DRIVE. SMALL BUT COMFORTABLE. HOWEVER, NOT RECOMENDED FOR PEOPLE OVER 6 FOOT 4.