Used 2004 Volvo S40 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

WOW! I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Heather Ammon

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had my S40 for less than a week and I love it! It handles like a dream and the interior is very luxurious! I love the leather and the wood inlay. The floating console is really cool too! Mine is mistral green metalic and I love that too. At first I doubted getting the color because my last few cars were green, but this color is beautiful and it looks great in the sun. The sports package is great. I drove both the 2.4i and the T5 and the acceleration was negligable to me, so I didn't feel it was worth the extra money to get the T5. This car is definately worth every penny. The competition better watch out for this car!

Favorite Features

Leather interior, acceleration, safety, EVERYTHING!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage...thats stretching, I just really like this car.

Good Deal and unique
By jonR

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Just bought the car yesterday for about 1100 under invoice. We had a sudden need for another car and wanted something economical that still had a little panache. Looked at Hondas, Toyotas, et cetera. We've had a couple of BMWs including a competing 3 series. I don't really expect the same level of performance, comfort, or resale but the Volvo was about $10K less and I just think it has cool - unique (perhaps a little quirky) styling. I am expecting to like it very much and give it to my 13 year old daughter in a few years. jr

Favorite Features

The floating center console is a very unique feature and it is easy to use. jr

Suggested Improvements

skip the 5 cyclinder and go right to a small 6 with ample torque. jr

What a ride!
By dargorilla

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just got my new T5 two weeks ago, and I have to say that this is one serious automobile. The acceleration numbers that you read in the magazines (0-60 in 6.5 secs) just do not do this car justice, and cannot covey the feeling of doing 35mph, putting your right foot on the floor, and watching 70 come up before you can even take a breath. The ride and steering with the sport suspension feels stable even at ridiculous speeds through twisting turns. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and the interior is stylish, and inviting. This is the perfect car for those of us that do not want to sacrifice performance, but need to haul around the rug rats.

Favorite Features

Looks! Every time that I walk up to the front of this car and see the bulky fenders, wrap headlights, and the 17" snow flake rims, I feel that everything is right in my world.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the "always on" headlights!

bummer
By hazeleyez68

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

has anyone else had major problems with their s40? from the AC to the radio antenna to the trunk lock....??

I Love the Volvo S40.5
By WFrankel

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

After owning a 1986 Volvo 740 for 14 years, I drove a Ford Taurus for another 7. There is nothing like getting back into a Volvo, especially the S40.5. It may be smaller than a typical Volvo, but it is an awesome piece of machinery.

Favorite Features

Radio design