2004 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
WOW! I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Heather Ammon on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had my S40 for less than a week and I love it! It handles like a dream and the interior is very luxurious! I love the leather and the wood inlay. The floating console is really cool too! Mine is mistral green metalic and I love that too. At first I doubted getting the color because my last few cars were green, but this color is beautiful and it looks great in the sun. The sports package is great. I drove both the 2.4i and the T5 and the acceleration was negligable to me, so I didn't feel it was worth the extra money to get the T5. This car is definately worth every penny. The competition better watch out for this car!

Good Deal and unique
By jonR on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Just bought the car yesterday for about 1100 under invoice. We had a sudden need for another car and wanted something economical that still had a little panache. Looked at Hondas, Toyotas, et cetera. We've had a couple of BMWs including a competing 3 series. I don't really expect the same level of performance, comfort, or resale but the Volvo was about $10K less and I just think it has cool - unique (perhaps a little quirky) styling. I am expecting to like it very much and give it to my 13 year old daughter in a few years. jr

What a ride!
By dargorilla on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just got my new T5 two weeks ago, and I have to say that this is one serious automobile. The acceleration numbers that you read in the magazines (0-60 in 6.5 secs) just do not do this car justice, and cannot covey the feeling of doing 35mph, putting your right foot on the floor, and watching 70 come up before you can even take a breath. The ride and steering with the sport suspension feels stable even at ridiculous speeds through twisting turns. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and the interior is stylish, and inviting. This is the perfect car for those of us that do not want to sacrifice performance, but need to haul around the rug rats.

bummer
By hazeleyez68 on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

has anyone else had major problems with their s40? from the AC to the radio antenna to the trunk lock....??

I Love the Volvo S40.5
By WFrankel on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

After owning a 1986 Volvo 740 for 14 years, I drove a Ford Taurus for another 7. There is nothing like getting back into a Volvo, especially the S40.5. It may be smaller than a typical Volvo, but it is an awesome piece of machinery.

More Bang Less Buck
By rcnst on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I dare you to test drive this car. You will be astounded and amazed. I was. I mean after all, it's a Volvo. The brand's not exactly the spicest salsa on the shelf. Yet, this car has the horsepower and acceleration of a BMW 330 and A4 3.0 for thousands less. The interior is innovative and clean, while torque steer is negligble. And during the winter months you'll laugh at all those "rear wheel drive" snobs stuck in a snow bank. The brakes are sure stopping, and it's safer than a pillow. My wife's a little speed demon who loves this ride and the times are few and fortunate when I can take this baby for a spin.

Fun and comfort rolled into one!
By brandonpaz on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had this car for about a week now and I love it! It is fun to drive meets comfort. My boss has been really happy because I am finally getting to work on time. I wake up before my alarm goes off because I am so excited to wake up and drive to work. She handles and corners like a dream, yet I still get all the luxury features that I want! I was originally looking at a honda accord v6, BMW 3 series, Acura RSX. It finally came down to I was the most comfortable in the Volvo and it was the best bang for my buck, 27k included the T5 with premium, audio, climate, and sports package.

Awesome Car at a Great Price
By James Powers on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I have the 2004.5 S40 2.4i with Premium Package/Sound, Convenience. I chose the 2.4i because I didn't feel the T5 was $3K faster, meaning the 2.4i has some good enough zip for me. As most others have written, you are saving quite a few bucks when choosing the S40 over the TSX, A4 or C230. I came down to the Acura TSX and the S40. I paid about $2K less, understanding the great reliability history of Acura. At the end of the day I felt Acura is a small Accord with a sport package. As for the A4 and C230, both were great cars but were about $5K more. I would not have considered the old S40 nor the current S60, but the new 2004.5 S40) is a solid car!

AWESOME CAR
By s40t5 on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just recently recieved the s4o t5 for my highschool graduation... its def. well worth the little bit of money and its an awesome car to drive!

Good Golly Miss Molly
By Lance on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just purchased the T5 for my wife who initially wanted the 2.4i, however after test driving the T5, took me no effort to sell her on it. Dollar for dollar, far superior than BMW 3 series, and AUDI A4. Classy and sporty design inside and out. So far, no complaints just reassurance that we made the right decision. Car gets better everyday.