2004 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
It needs more work on the brakes
By Dr Wolverine on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It was fun to drive the car, but after 12months of driving, I start to feel pain/uncomfortable with my knee while driving it daily. I dont think it's my phyical problem, but due to the design of the car.

Volvo Ultimate Drive
By Anad on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

This is an extremely comfortable and fun drive.

Great car!!!
By evolvo on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I purchased this car a week or so, 2004.5 model. First time getting an European car. so far I love this car!!! Got August promotion for free premium package plus supplier discount,I think I got great deal on it. (+ audio and climate) It was still over my budget I wanted to initially spend but I think I got a great car that deserve that much money. Also I got 1.9% finance, so it was good. The ride is soooo smoothe and the sound is fantastic. I recommend this car to everyone.

Excellent Choice
By kgun on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

This car caught my attention and it keeps growing on me every time I drive it. It handles excellently and has enough power to keep up with everyone else.

ReVolvolution
By Dubbu2 on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

The overall fit and finish of this car is sexy. I've had nothing but stares and compliments since purchasing this vehicle. Many are amazed to find that it's a Volvo. The commute is smooth and quiet. I can't say too much about acceleration, however, because I've been breaking the car in slowly - but I read that the car reacts quickly and examines your driving style (aggressive/passive) and adjusts to accomodate accordingly.

Owner
By Mary Black on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best car I've ever had.

conservative good looks
By bpwrightwv on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had my car for only a couple weeks, enjoy it so far. Rides smoothly, handles nice, good zip, conservative exterior good looks have made some turn their heads. Drove over a portion of highway that had been stripped in order to repave, fairly considerable buzzing in the driver's side pillar, though normally it doesn't. Noticed a very slight squeek when coming to stop, not sure if it's brakes. I also considered the Acura TSX and also came down to styling, TSX looks too much like an Accord, the dealer wasn't very friendly, nor would they respond to my email queries. The Volvo staff were very friendly, not pushy and were willing to negotiate via email.

s40 t5
By jeff50 on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

fun to drive,quick, stylish, great seats , comfortable, great sound system, lots of saftey features

Amazing Car
By jwarman on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned this car for about a month and a half and I love it. The performace is outstanding and easily outclasses the competition in the price range. The styling is great, it looks nothing like the Volvos of old. Also the gas milage is great given this is a high performace car. Volvo has definitely built a winner of a car and attracted a new audience.

love my new car
By gopanthers on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I didn't get the turbo because I didn't need the extra speed. So far I love the new body style and I feel very safe in it. It's a safe car which looks classy yet doesn't look like an older person's car. The service at Warren Henry in Miami was amazing and they beat out the best price any where else. It's a car that I can invision placing my future kids in and yet not make me feel like I had to sacrifice a youthful car.