Used 2004 Volvo S40 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

BEST PICK CAR OF 2004
By Robert Molinar

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have recently purchased my 2004.5 Volvo T5 and it was the best choice I could have made. This car amazes me everyday I insert the nifty key fob and start that 2.5L turbo engine. I would and have recommended this car to many other people and ones that have had the chance to drive mine have said they would DEFINATELY consider buying a volvo for their next car.

Xenon headlights!! Low Price!! Great handling! Comfortable supportive seats. Even though it is the smallest Volvo it still has plenty of rear leg room and actually currently has more trunk space than the S80. ALL WINDOWS ARE ONE TOUCH UP AND DOWN!!! Key fob rolls all windows down.

Cant wait till the car is offered in All Wheel Drive. Cup holders are a little too large for most drinks. Sensors need to be added on windows so key fob can roll windows back up.

Overall great vehicle
By Buzz Archer

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

The best bang for the buck. After looking at the 2004 A4 and the C230, this was the best car to drive. Not only does it have a great price, but the safety features and basic accessories make this car a 'must' to at least test drive.

The center console design and the premium audio. Rigid chassis design and road handling.

The CD player can shut down for 1-2 minutes if you turn your car off and turn it back on quickly...however, this is probably just a minor glitch in my car.

Just love them Swedes
By Brian Brodowsky

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for a few months. I have driven a 3 series BMW in the past and it is very comprible to both the look/sleekness and the ride. The appointments on the interior are beautiful...sleek new dash, greatleather seating,overall controls. The interior is so well made and not cheesy at all. What a hot car

favorite features are: the sleek center console, sleek curvature of the seats, overall body styling

suggested improvments: a way to change out or cover the cup holders..maybe if they had a sleek cover or u could easily change thme out..in my opinion they are nothing but dust/dirt collectors. a little more storage spca on the doors would be nice, articulating head rest.

Best damn car report
By Mitja

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Fast sleek and sexy. She handles and keeps up with the rest of them. An investment worth taking. Would never buy another car brand again.

2004.5 T5
By bharkins

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I haven't had this car for very long, but I love it. It's a really smooth and responsive ride. I got the sports package and the premium sound and I'm really glad I got both. In particular, I find the aluminum to look much better than the fake wood. While there are a number of little things I'd like to see added in this car, they are little. Overall, I'm really impressed.

The sound system is top notch. I also really like the design and layout of the controls.

Move the brake pedal a little more to the left or make it a little narrower. Also, I'd like some place to put loose change and/or other little items that I don't want to just dump the the center storage compartment. Some type of noise when I lock and unlock the car.

• SUV