2004 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
s40 VOLVO with premium package
By zoombaby on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2004 S40 has good steering capabilities and holds to the road well. It isn't a S60 but for the size of the vehicle it performs just as well as the small BMW and better than the bottom line Mercedes. Free roadside assistance and maintenance for 4 years and the manner in which one is treated at the dealership's service dept. are an added plus.

Repair and replace
By Edwin on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It is unbelievable how many times I have had to return to the dealership. To date I have had to replace the vacuum pump, steering wheel, rear seat, trunk latch, rear brakes, front tires, turbo, repaint, arm rest, cup holder, and umpteen headlights. I saw the service manager Richard more than my wife.

Great Car
By Bristol on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned Volvos for years and this is a great car with wonderful comfort for the front seat driver and passenger - plenty of legroom and quiet well appointed interior. Wonderful pickup and braking. Everything seems to work as advertised. A very practical and fun to drive car.

Great Car!
By TravisScher on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The volvo S40 is really a great value. It has a very luxurios feel to the inside and and a european style outside. It performs very nicely and I have no complaints.

Traded 2000 S40 for 2004 S40
By Mark Gray on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I just traded my 2000 S40 for a 2004 S40. The dealer and the automobile are 1st Class. The small things I did not like about my 2000 such as location of window and mirror controls and cup holders have been improved greatly. The car also has a 5 speed automatic now and is much smoother and quiter. Some slight body changes make the car better than the 2000 model. A great car has been made almost perfect! Perfect would require about 200HP and 200lbs.ft. torque.

my car
By mike 1000 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

it's just basic transportation. no frills . was in the shop for some electrical problems 2 times.

At this price it a no brainer!!!!!!!!!
By jammer on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife and I just recently purchased our S40 and are quite impressed. The ride and comfort is just great! After driving SUV's and truck's for the past 5 yrs it is a relief to find a vehicle with accelleration, fuel ecomony, and ride comfort in such a inexpensive vehicle. The interior of the car makes you feel like you riding in a luxury vehicle costing $10,000 more. Our S40 has the premium and climate package and was bought for only $22,000!!! Anyone looking at a SAAB 9-3, Audi A4, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, or even a Hyundai XG350, do yourself a favor and look at an S40. You'll find you can save $1,000's when getting the Volvo.

At this price it a no brainer!!!!!!!!!
By Jammer on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)