Near the top of this Valet's list.
By jeffj-nj on
2003 Volvo S40 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
700 characters is just NOT enough room to sing this car's praises. I work as a valet, so I've driven, oh, about everything. That said, there is nothing on the road today offering this cost/quality ratio. Everything about the car is just so... right. I had originally prepared a several paragraph essay about this, but I can't post it or even figure out what to cut from it. So, I'll sum it up with this: I've put 25k miles on this car, and enjoyed every one of them. Considering several hundred of them were accumulated in one sitting, and/or during the worst winter NJ has seen in some time, that's really saying quite a bit. If you're looking elsewhere, stop.
Favorite Features
Satisfying 'thud' of the door, silky smooth accelaration, lightning-fast traction control reflexes, physical and emotional comfort, and, oh yeah, the actually functional windshield defogger that doesn't f' up your cabin temperature.
Suggested Improvements
Chrome trimmed guages would be nice, aluminum with leather too - not just cloth, higher stereo, or at least angled up (your eyes are off the road too long - safety first, remember?), a "no seat-belt" chime is very mysteriously absent, but mostly, where's the manual transmission?!