2011 Volvo C70 T5 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

2011 C70 Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Excellent Value
By billnjax

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased this car about 5 months ago, and in 6,000 miles have never regretted our decision. The car is very comfortable, has all the acceleration that we require, and gets excellent gas mileage, actually better than our Turbo Beetle Convertible. We looked at several different convertibles in this class and the C70 was by far the best car for the money. Add in the safe and secure warranty coverage and I don't see how you could do better. Take a test drive and you will be hooked.

Favorite Features

The BLIS system is a useful feature especially on rainy days. I also love the comfortable seats and the integrated I-Pod access . My wife likes the rain sensing windshield wipers.

Suggested Improvements

another power outlet would be useful. Another suggestion would be for the windows to go down when you put the top down instead of them going back up.

YIP E
By thirdwiley

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After one month, this is my favorite Volvo in initial quality and design. I have owned a 850 GLT and currently own an S80. The C70 is quieter at interstate speeds than my S80 and my wife and I feel like we are in a snug, safe, comfortable cocoon when driving. It's just plain fun to drive and we also like the head-turning effect.

Favorite Features

As a slightly older driver (71) I really like the blind spot information system and the automatic bending headlights. My wife loves the comfort and visibility when riding in the back seat because a grandchild demands the front. The C70 is full of nice touches; for example, the one centimeter that the windows automatically lower and raise when opening the doors to aid in sealing the interior.

Suggested Improvements

Two very minor ones. I miss the small plastic clip on the windshield used for holding passes. I also like to position my hand on the bottom center of the steering wheel and the current design does not permit this.

My first volvo
By nodregob

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first Volvo..It won't be my last! It is fast, comfortabe.well designed inside and out and fun to drive. I am very satisfied with the mileage,getting 29mpg city and open road. Fit and finish is great and to date not a single concern.

Favorite Features

Looks ,comfort,sound system gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Brighter information dislay, in day light hours.

Catch the Sun
By B

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car! It rides like a coupe but has the fun of a convertible. From the aggressive nose to the LED taillights it is a nice looking and well engineered ride. The celestial blue gives it an air of dignity but the 18 inch rims give it that sport look. The gas mileage is so-so 19 in the city but you don't buy it for that...it has all the Volvo safety features and the 5 year (covers everything) warranty is "just in case." Had to wait for this special order...2 months...but the spring timing was perfect. The dealership, Fairfax Volvo, made certain that the car was perfect. Very pleased...enjoying the sun!!!

Favorite Features

Appearance 18 inch 5 spoke rims Sharp nose, twin chromed pipes, led lights Heated seats, active bending lights...showns what you are turning in to Mist wipers...it clears your view Plush sovereign hide seats

Suggested Improvements

This is principally a two seater...don't want the body any bigger...what can you do???

Excellent car -- love it
By MST

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just a joy to drive. Simple, zen like interior. Peppy fwd engine. Real head turner.

Favorite Features

Comfort and HUGE back seat

Suggested Improvements

Bigger fuel tank, although mileage is outstanding

Fun Car and Great Value
By Mike B

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had the C70 for a couple of weeks. Compared the C70 to the BMW 3 series. Glad I bought the C70. It's a fun car to drive and very stylish. All the complaints I've read in other reviews have been resolved with the 2011 model. It has plenty of power for my driving style and good passenger room. I have the convenience and climate packages. The car is a real head turner when parked at the local restaurant or gas station.

Favorite Features

Automatic climate control, keyless drive, audio system, hard top operation, all four tires are the same size, uses regular gas, and Volvo's safety rating.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe add a coin holder to the arm rest compartment.

Love this car!
By Doug

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car. It is a head turner for sure. The ride and feel are great. Very solid mechanically. Complaints, well I frequently flip the wipers on when I turn the ignition on, but maybe that's just big hands. I seem to fill up often, but that's a function of small tank and not poor mileage. Any negatives you find about this car a far offset by all the positives. The fold down hardtop is unbelievable. I've had passengers in who didn't realize it was a convertible. Buy this car, you will love it as much as I do.

Favorite Features

Fold down hardtop Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Move wiper control or ignition further apart.

First Volvo Ever
By Mitch

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned most cars from Porsche to Mercedes to GMC to VW but this is my first Volvo. I absolutely love the look of this car. Great Grey with Cranberry interior. Everything is great with the exception of the sub-standard reception all throughout the area on the HD radio and Sirius. Despite TOO MANY trips back to the dealership, Volvo has done nothing! Probably my last ever Volvo and I will look to put it on swap a lease. Why you might ask if I love the many other aspects of the car? I love my music and while the upgraded audio is amazing, you need a signal to play music through the speakers!

Favorite Features

The look and styling. The roof fold is cool as well.

Suggested Improvements

Audio system. Better gas mileage, no where near what the sticker on the window says

After First 3 weeks - Awesome
By Jimmy the Greek

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Beautiful exterior, proven hard-top convertible mechanism. Interior quality is very good. A true 4-seater. Plenty of pep with the 5 Cyl Turbo, although sportscar buffs may not be satisfied. Three weeks old and getting 26 mpg on 85% freeway commute. Wife will be primary driver and she loves it!! I found this upscale convertible to be the best bang for my bucks.

Favorite Features

Great leather seats, Stereo/USB/Mp3, bluetooth, gas mileage, head room, back seat room.

Suggested Improvements

Make Homelink standard instead of only with additional option.

Great Car
By T

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had my new 2011 C70 for one week and so far so good. They changed the three major objections I had to the 2010 - boring front lights, blah rear lights and cheapy plasticy interior. I was ready to buy in Q4 2010 but waited until late February when the new 2011s arrived - definitely worth the wait for the improved vehicle. The $1000 loyalty program was an added bonus.

Favorite Features

Great leather seats, stereo, homelink, head room, back seat room, keyless drive and back-up sensors.

Suggested Improvements

The headlight washer sprays the front hood too - need an adjustment. No power plug for backseat and no one- touch all windows down button like on the older C70 models.