Used 2011 Volvo C70 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )

A Great Car
By ted churn

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great running car. Not much room in the back seats when the front seats are pushed all the way back. Seats are some of the most comfortable ever. No complaints. Look forward to spring when ew can drive with the top down. Above all, it has the feel of a "safe" car.

c70,tired of dealing with problems
By barbara

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

had to make 4 trips to dealership for a sensor in the front wheels that made the electronics go crazy. interior door handles , the finish flaked off. speaker issues with buzzing, and they claimed their was no problem after 4 visits to dealership . it handled well, fun to drive, but tired of stupid stuff!

Safe and fun convertible
By D Miller

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

automatic roll bars, 7yr/100000 mile full coverage (less maintenance) warranty, complete new front and rear brakes including rotors, low mileage

Excellent Value
By billnjax

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased this car about 5 months ago, and in 6,000 miles have never regretted our decision. The car is very comfortable, has all the acceleration that we require, and gets excellent gas mileage, actually better than our Turbo Beetle Convertible. We looked at several different convertibles in this class and the C70 was by far the best car for the money. Add in the safe and secure warranty coverage and I don't see how you could do better. Take a test drive and you will be hooked.

The BLIS system is a useful feature especially on rainy days. I also love the comfortable seats and the integrated I-Pod access . My wife likes the rain sensing windshield wipers.

another power outlet would be useful. Another suggestion would be for the windows to go down when you put the top down instead of them going back up.

YIP E
By thirdwiley

2011 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After one month, this is my favorite Volvo in initial quality and design. I have owned a 850 GLT and currently own an S80. The C70 is quieter at interstate speeds than my S80 and my wife and I feel like we are in a snug, safe, comfortable cocoon when driving. It's just plain fun to drive and we also like the head-turning effect.

As a slightly older driver (71) I really like the blind spot information system and the automatic bending headlights. My wife loves the comfort and visibility when riding in the back seat because a grandchild demands the front. The C70 is full of nice touches; for example, the one centimeter that the windows automatically lower and raise when opening the doors to aid in sealing the interior.

Two very minor ones. I miss the small plastic clip on the windshield used for holding passes. I also like to position my hand on the bottom center of the steering wheel and the current design does not permit this.

• SUV