2011 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )
Excellent Value
By billnjax on 02/18/11 13:19 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased this car about 5 months ago, and in 6,000 miles have never regretted our decision. The car is very comfortable, has all the acceleration that we require, and gets excellent gas mileage, actually better than our Turbo Beetle Convertible. We looked at several different convertibles in this class and the C70 was by far the best car for the money. Add in the safe and secure warranty coverage and I don't see how you could do better. Take a test drive and you will be hooked.

YIP E
By thirdwiley on 02/15/11 08:22 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After one month, this is my favorite Volvo in initial quality and design. I have owned a 850 GLT and currently own an S80. The C70 is quieter at interstate speeds than my S80 and my wife and I feel like we are in a snug, safe, comfortable cocoon when driving. It's just plain fun to drive and we also like the head-turning effect.

My first volvo
By nodregob on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first Volvo..It won't be my last! It is fast, comfortabe.well designed inside and out and fun to drive. I am very satisfied with the mileage,getting 29mpg city and open road. Fit and finish is great and to date not a single concern.

Catch the Sun
By B on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car! It rides like a coupe but has the fun of a convertible. From the aggressive nose to the LED taillights it is a nice looking and well engineered ride. The celestial blue gives it an air of dignity but the 18 inch rims give it that sport look. The gas mileage is so-so 19 in the city but you don't buy it for that...it has all the Volvo safety features and the 5 year (covers everything) warranty is "just in case." Had to wait for this special order...2 months...but the spring timing was perfect. The dealership, Fairfax Volvo, made certain that the car was perfect. Very pleased...enjoying the sun!!!

Excellent car -- love it
By MST on 07/05/10 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just a joy to drive. Simple, zen like interior. Peppy fwd engine. Real head turner.

Fun Car and Great Value
By Mike B on 07/05/10 11:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had the C70 for a couple of weeks. Compared the C70 to the BMW 3 series. Glad I bought the C70. It's a fun car to drive and very stylish. All the complaints I've read in other reviews have been resolved with the 2011 model. It has plenty of power for my driving style and good passenger room. I have the convenience and climate packages. The car is a real head turner when parked at the local restaurant or gas station.

Love this car!
By Doug on 06/26/10 19:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car. It is a head turner for sure. The ride and feel are great. Very solid mechanically. Complaints, well I frequently flip the wipers on when I turn the ignition on, but maybe that's just big hands. I seem to fill up often, but that's a function of small tank and not poor mileage. Any negatives you find about this car a far offset by all the positives. The fold down hardtop is unbelievable. I've had passengers in who didn't realize it was a convertible. Buy this car, you will love it as much as I do.

First Volvo Ever
By Mitch on 04/26/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned most cars from Porsche to Mercedes to GMC to VW but this is my first Volvo. I absolutely love the look of this car. Great Grey with Cranberry interior. Everything is great with the exception of the sub-standard reception all throughout the area on the HD radio and Sirius. Despite TOO MANY trips back to the dealership, Volvo has done nothing! Probably my last ever Volvo and I will look to put it on swap a lease. Why you might ask if I love the many other aspects of the car? I love my music and while the upgraded audio is amazing, you need a signal to play music through the speakers!

After First 3 weeks - Awesome
By Jimmy the Greek on 03/26/10 09:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Beautiful exterior, proven hard-top convertible mechanism. Interior quality is very good. A true 4-seater. Plenty of pep with the 5 Cyl Turbo, although sportscar buffs may not be satisfied. Three weeks old and getting 26 mpg on 85% freeway commute. Wife will be primary driver and she loves it!! I found this upscale convertible to be the best bang for my bucks.

Great Car
By T on 03/06/10 19:37 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had my new 2011 C70 for one week and so far so good. They changed the three major objections I had to the 2010 - boring front lights, blah rear lights and cheapy plasticy interior. I was ready to buy in Q4 2010 but waited until late February when the new 2011s arrived - definitely worth the wait for the improved vehicle. The $1000 loyalty program was an added bonus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo C70 in VA is:

$128 per month*