Used 2011 Volvo C70 T5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Volvo C70

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

Excellent Value
By billnjax

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased this car about 5 months ago, and in 6,000 miles have never regretted our decision. The car is very comfortable, has all the acceleration that we require, and gets excellent gas mileage, actually better than our Turbo Beetle Convertible. We looked at several different convertibles in this class and the C70 was by far the best car for the money. Add in the safe and secure warranty coverage and I don't see how you could do better. Take a test drive and you will be hooked.

Favorite Features

The BLIS system is a useful feature especially on rainy days. I also love the comfortable seats and the integrated I-Pod access . My wife likes the rain sensing windshield wipers.

Suggested Improvements

another power outlet would be useful. Another suggestion would be for the windows to go down when you put the top down instead of them going back up.

YIP E
By thirdwiley

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After one month, this is my favorite Volvo in initial quality and design. I have owned a 850 GLT and currently own an S80. The C70 is quieter at interstate speeds than my S80 and my wife and I feel like we are in a snug, safe, comfortable cocoon when driving. It's just plain fun to drive and we also like the head-turning effect.

Favorite Features

As a slightly older driver (71) I really like the blind spot information system and the automatic bending headlights. My wife loves the comfort and visibility when riding in the back seat because a grandchild demands the front. The C70 is full of nice touches; for example, the one centimeter that the windows automatically lower and raise when opening the doors to aid in sealing the interior.

Suggested Improvements

Two very minor ones. I miss the small plastic clip on the windshield used for holding passes. I also like to position my hand on the bottom center of the steering wheel and the current design does not permit this.

My first volvo
By nodregob

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first Volvo..It won't be my last! It is fast, comfortabe.well designed inside and out and fun to drive. I am very satisfied with the mileage,getting 29mpg city and open road. Fit and finish is great and to date not a single concern.

Favorite Features

Looks ,comfort,sound system gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Brighter information dislay, in day light hours.

Catch the Sun
By B

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car! It rides like a coupe but has the fun of a convertible. From the aggressive nose to the LED taillights it is a nice looking and well engineered ride. The celestial blue gives it an air of dignity but the 18 inch rims give it that sport look. The gas mileage is so-so 19 in the city but you don't buy it for that...it has all the Volvo safety features and the 5 year (covers everything) warranty is "just in case." Had to wait for this special order...2 months...but the spring timing was perfect. The dealership, Fairfax Volvo, made certain that the car was perfect. Very pleased...enjoying the sun!!!

Favorite Features

Appearance 18 inch 5 spoke rims Sharp nose, twin chromed pipes, led lights Heated seats, active bending lights...showns what you are turning in to Mist wipers...it clears your view Plush sovereign hide seats

Suggested Improvements

This is principally a two seater...don't want the body any bigger...what can you do???

Excellent car -- love it
By MST

2011 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just a joy to drive. Simple, zen like interior. Peppy fwd engine. Real head turner.

Favorite Features

Comfort and HUGE back seat

Suggested Improvements

Bigger fuel tank, although mileage is outstanding