Used 2009 Volvo C70 T5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volvo C70

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (21 reviews )

2009 Volvo C70 T5 Convertible
By oak7

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my C70 for two months. Most of that time the weather has been nasty - snow, cold, wet, with a few days of nice weather (Typical pre-spring in Alabama). So far I love it. Drives great, comfortable (54 miles one way commute) with plenty of power. Car has 110,000 and I have had to replace an axle and wheel bearing but it's good now. Awesome looks and very unique. Car has plenty of room inside and four adults have ridden comfortably, though getting in and out takes a bit of practice. Love my C70.

Favorite Features

Comfy seats, hard-top gets jaw-dropping looks when being raised or lowered, easy to use instruments and I like the "waterfall" console although I am not sure what the storage in back is for.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage definitely needs to be improved. I am getting 25+, which is okay, but feel like I need more mileage from this type car. Most of my driving is highway. Brake and gas pedal are too close together! I don't have big feet but am always hitting the brake or gas. Potentially dangerous, I'd think.

This Car Relaxes Me
By miabchdave

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car will make you want to cruise, listen to good music, and enjoy the scenery. I find it very comfy. The trunk room and rear seats have no other competition in the hard top convertible space. The interior storage is definitely adequate. Those three main reasons are why I went with the C70 over the BMW 328i hardtop even though the lease on the BMW worked out to be $10 cheaper a month. It's simply a more 'usable' car... it's even rated to tow! The car does have some oddities that need to be addressed, though. See below.

Favorite Features

Radio, comfy seat, room for 4... really... if you have friends... this is the only choice so far, Turbo provides good acceleration once the auto finds its gear. If you're into it, looks are VERY good... no bad angles (lots of thumbs up and I just got it). Buttery smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Break pedal is too close to the accelerator. Do they have narrow feet in Scandinavia? This is almost a safety hazard as the edge of your shoe can get stuck under the break pedal when lifting off the accelerator... BAD for quick stops. Power in center console needed. Flapping rear belts in wind.

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!
By fragglerock414

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car a couple of days before Thanksgiving. After 4 months I can honestly say that I love this car. I also own a 2002 Volvo S60. I have always like the C70, but was concerned that I wouldn't really use it as a convertible, which would be a huge waste of money. Worries are gone. I can't keep the top up. I should be arrested for indecent exposure! This car is so much fun, handles well, is beautiful, and has great features. The integrated Bluetooth is awesome and works well even with the top down on the highway. Also love the integrated iPod. The only drawback is the horrible gas mileage and small (compared to my S60)gas tank.

Favorite Features

The integrated Bluetooth, truck access with top down, hard top convertible.

Suggested Improvements

High miles per gallon, please!

Beautiful Car Inside and Out
By Magic BlueOne

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

First off, I enjoy just looking at my C70, it is a beautiful car. Its handling, breaking and acceleration are all capable, so for my intended purpose of top down cruising it is a pleasure. For the reality as a daily driven commuter work horse the Northeast its proved both comfortable and reliable, and the hard top is a necessity. Its a sedan when I need it, a convertible when I want it. Nice job Volvo.

Favorite Features

Its a convertible that looks great with the top up or down. The interior design is neat, tidy, attractive and easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

The Blue Tooth has been problematic.

Way behind the Technology
By Steve

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The looks are great, inside and out. Ride is comfortable, especially the highway driving I do. Handling is a little mushy. The car is quiet as a hardtop, top up, not bad, top down. Seats are incredibly comfortable and definitely recommend the sovereign leather. Technology is embarrassing. The Navigation is like a built is Garmin. The phone is HORRID; very few phones are compatible, and any time I have tried to upgrade phone software, won't sync to the phone book. The other problems are the gas pedal is 1-2 inches lower than the brake pedal, which is awkward, and the Climate Control is weak. After 6 months, I'm going to see if I can trade it if I can do it without losing too much money

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, seats

Suggested Improvements

All the tech, especially the phone, align the pedals better, get a better Climate Control