2009 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (21 reviews )
2009 Volvo C70 T5 Convertible
By oak7 on 03/12/14 12:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my C70 for two months. Most of that time the weather has been nasty - snow, cold, wet, with a few days of nice weather (Typical pre-spring in Alabama). So far I love it. Drives great, comfortable (54 miles one way commute) with plenty of power. Car has 110,000 and I have had to replace an axle and wheel bearing but it's good now. Awesome looks and very unique. Car has plenty of room inside and four adults have ridden comfortably, though getting in and out takes a bit of practice. Love my C70.

This Car Relaxes Me
By miabchdave on 04/19/10 08:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car will make you want to cruise, listen to good music, and enjoy the scenery. I find it very comfy. The trunk room and rear seats have no other competition in the hard top convertible space. The interior storage is definitely adequate. Those three main reasons are why I went with the C70 over the BMW 328i hardtop even though the lease on the BMW worked out to be $10 cheaper a month. It's simply a more 'usable' car... it's even rated to tow! The car does have some oddities that need to be addressed, though. See below.

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!
By fragglerock414 on 04/01/10 23:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car a couple of days before Thanksgiving. After 4 months I can honestly say that I love this car. I also own a 2002 Volvo S60. I have always like the C70, but was concerned that I wouldn't really use it as a convertible, which would be a huge waste of money. Worries are gone. I can't keep the top up. I should be arrested for indecent exposure! This car is so much fun, handles well, is beautiful, and has great features. The integrated Bluetooth is awesome and works well even with the top down on the highway. Also love the integrated iPod. The only drawback is the horrible gas mileage and small (compared to my S60)gas tank.

Beautiful Car Inside and Out
By Magic BlueOne on 02/01/10 05:23 AM (PST)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

First off, I enjoy just looking at my C70, it is a beautiful car. Its handling, breaking and acceleration are all capable, so for my intended purpose of top down cruising it is a pleasure. For the reality as a daily driven commuter work horse the Northeast its proved both comfortable and reliable, and the hard top is a necessity. Its a sedan when I need it, a convertible when I want it. Nice job Volvo.

Way behind the Technology
By Steve on 12/22/09 19:39 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The looks are great, inside and out. Ride is comfortable, especially the highway driving I do. Handling is a little mushy. The car is quiet as a hardtop, top up, not bad, top down. Seats are incredibly comfortable and definitely recommend the sovereign leather. Technology is embarrassing. The Navigation is like a built is Garmin. The phone is HORRID; very few phones are compatible, and any time I have tried to upgrade phone software, won't sync to the phone book. The other problems are the gas pedal is 1-2 inches lower than the brake pedal, which is awkward, and the Climate Control is weak. After 6 months, I'm going to see if I can trade it if I can do it without losing too much money

bravo, Volvo
By seye on 08/27/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased my black C70 in August. My initial impressions are great. I wasn't expecting Vette performance, so acceleration/ handling are adequate. No shudders/creeks in the body top up or down. Exterior design is beautiful- by far the most attractive Volvo. Interior also designed well-- drivers seat is comfortable and very adjustable. Chose standard sound system and I am pleasantly suprised by the acoustics. Both the iPod and Bluetooth interface are awesome. Some of the interior bits and surfaces could be of a higher quality (dash, wheel, door trim). The key is cumbersome, and I wish I'd opted for keyless with this car. Overall, I love the versatility and design.

first full month of ownership
By houston on 08/18/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

C70 is a beautiful car that exceeds my expectation of how livable a convertible can be. The folding top is a marvel to see in operation and the interior is Scandinavian simplistic. This car speaks of adult sophistication.

Perfect Ladies Convertible
By Shelly on 07/29/09 06:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

While not up to the performance of a BMW, this car is smooth as silk. Acceleration and handling in normal driving are very good. The hardtop works amazingly well. It is quiet with the top down. You can actually listen to music with the top down at 70 MPH or have a conversation. The seats are supportive and comfortable even for my husband at 6'2" and 230LBS. The car looks great with the top up and fantastic with the top down. No fooling around with a cloth top or boot. Sound system is quite good and I just have the standard one. I can listen to music with top down just fine. This is not a car for a sports car enthusiast, but for me going to the golf course and work it is just great.

c 70 weak frame and roof
By frank on 07/23/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Good experience driving top down but not when the top is up. It generates too much rattles from plastic panel door and roof

It is fun to drive again
By cthimes on 07/21/09 08:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I just purchased this vehicle last week and love everything about it. I am a big man and fit in the vehicle just fine. It is a great car to show off and certainly gets everyone's attention when it changes. My kids have named the car after Jazz in the Transformer movie because it really is a noticeable change. I like the feeling of security that the car brings and I am very pleased with the performance. The car has plenty of power actually more horsepower than the V6 Mustang convertible that I was also considering. It really is two cars built into one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo C70 in VA is:

$123 per month*