Liked it so much, I bought another!
By 4mercoachrick on
2008 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
We enjoyed our '08 C70 so much, we just purchased the slightly updated 2011 model. We kept the '08 for 3 1/2 years and just under 30K miles. It was never in the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance and one warped brake rotor. The key-fob seat memory was a little balky...more of a nuisance than anything. Our avg mpg was 23ish for the total period, highway mileage was closer to 30 when we were trying to 'watch' it. After owning the '04 ragtop version of the C70, the '08 was superior in almost every way. Very solid with the top up or down...no problems with the top or its operation. The FWD can get a little 'slippy' if the driver sends too much power on slick roads, FYI.
Favorite Features
Great top, very solid when up...stows away beautifully for top-down fun. The '04 ragtop was the best of the four convertibles owned to date...the '08 hard top is in another league! Premium stereo is very nice, although I've never owned a Volvo with a 'bad' stereo system other than my '72 145. Plenty of power for 'normal' driving...more than enough for spirited highway driving. Window-down from the key fob is a nice touch on hot days. Trunk space is decent, making the most of the space available when the top is down.
Suggested Improvements
After driving our 281hp XC60, I wouldn't mind if the C70 had a touch more power. Slightly stiffer and/or adjustable suspension would tighten things up when needed. Auto window-up when dropping the top is not needed; BUT an auto top down button on the key fob would be interesting. By the bye, the above menu wouldn't let me choose 'automatic 6 speed trans', which is indeed what we have(NOT the manual).