Used 2008 Volvo C70 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (33 reviews )

Love this Car
By Gilberto Rivera

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We've owned our Volvo C70 for 18 months and so far no problems. Quality, build and fit is excellent. Car rides a little harsh but that is due to the 18" performance tires which wear out rather quickly ($300 a pop to replace). We get a lot of positive comments on the sharp looks. Have one major gripe. That is, the navigation system is a real "Dinosaur" to operate. The Japanese beat the Swedes in the electronic software department, again.

Favorite Features

The DynAudio stereo is great! Even with the top down you can hear and enjoy the music. With the top up the car is very quiet and the stereo sounds even better.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the present Navigation system on next model upgrade. It's a shame such an archaic Navigation is installed on a car in this price range.

Troubled C70
By Randy

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I chose the C70 over an Audi due to the hardtop. I have had it in the shop seven times and 90 days since May '08 for roof issues. Fortunately none of them have been major, but a major inconvenience on my time. My biggest problem has been getting anyone from Volvo corporate to give me a call to discuss some kind of resolution.

VolvoC70
By wendydan

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My husband and I purchased the C70 after doing extensive research over the last year. We owned a soft top Sebring Convertible and loved it but were considering a retractable hard top. We bounced back and forth between the C70 and the S60 with a sunroof. We admired the Volvo C70 the first time we saw it while on vacation, but were not sure we wanted to pay the high dollar amount. The mechanics of the hard top were a concern and while it makes this car very heavy, the safety features are a huge plus. Although, after selling our Sebring and missing the convertible for a week, it was decided that the C70 would be the choice. This car is incredibly sleek, comfortable and tremendously fun.

Favorite Features

The transformer-like retractable hard top. The wood console. The Dynoaudio stereo system. The premium leather, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic pop-up opener on the trunk. The addition of a dark maroon exterior color.

Great car almost perfect
By Paul "E"

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I saw the car at the 2006 New York auto show and fell in love with it. The lines on the car are beautiful with the top up or down. The ride is good and its quiet inside. The interior is a little on the plain side when compared to other luxury brands. The front wheel drive is great in order to cope with New York winters. I would not even consider a rear wheel drive car.

Favorite Features

Beautiful styling with the top up or down.

Suggested Improvements

The memory seats don't always go to your position when you unlock the door with your key. My 10 year old Chrysler performed this function flawlessly but for some reason the Volvo cant seem to retain the memory. You can always use the memory buttons on the seat but they must be held down.

Volvo 4 Life in Atlanta
By Stephen, Atlanta

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I always wanted a convertible but steered clear of soft tops - loved the old C70 but only would have purchased a hard top. When I saw online Volvo building a new hardtop convertible I had to have it (though I also steer clear of new models their first year or two due to the manufacturer working out the bugs). Having had two BMWs prior I struggled with not getting another one but am thrilled with my decision. This car even got a round of applause at a local eatery when I put the top down for the drive home. I also own an XC90 SUV - both cars are white so a neighbor asked me if I work for Volvo now. I would highly recommend a Volvo!!

Favorite Features

Every angle inside and out - one of the most beautiful cars on the road - understated elegance. And don't forget looks from other drivers.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing - some complain about acceleration but it's enough for me!