2008 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (32 reviews )
Reflections
By Jamie on 08/16/08 15:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car from the distribution center. Came to me with no squeaks, rattles, etc. Has so far been a flawless experience contrasted with my 2005 and 2002 CLK cabriolets, which were both problem-prone.

C-70 with Automatic
By Squashie on 08/07/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok, I've looked at BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and all other convertibles. This is the best blend of top down. Fun to drive, fuel economy, and good looks out there. I'm a rather large person, 6'5", close to 300 lbs k, with rather large feet. I found the spacing on the manual 6 a little too close, but the auto 5 is great! Besides, I don't drive F-1 so all of that shifting may, or may not be, necessary. The fit and finish are great. Love the seats, the lines and the admiration of others. (white car, light leather interior and tinted windows) Mid-life crisis with no direct link. Looked at a red one, but liked the white better. Could use possibly a more higher profile tire, Texas roads

Thanks Costco
By Thanks CostCo on 06/07/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought my C70 through the special deal Costco and Volvo have. Great deal on a fun to drive car. This car turns heads! Love the roof, the dynaudio and the back up warning since the rear view is somewhat limited. Has a decent sized trunk versus the Beemer 335 which a trunk the size of a shoe box. If you are a Costco member you can't go wrong on this one. I can't wipe the smile off my face.

Best convertible I have had
By Joel C. Hart on 06/05/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car on the overseas purchase program. Saved 8% and got a free vacation. Volvo people in Sweden are great and we drove 900 miles while there. Six speed manual is a dream. Side warning system is great for blind spots. Plenty of pep with manual transmission good road stability and quiet with hard- top up. Dynasound a must for CD's and Ipod. Some understeer but mostly a good solid ride. 29MPG in Sweden but gas is 95 octane and $8.25 a gallon. Does well on mid grade in USA mileage on cruise control at 70MPH is 28MPG. City is about 26MPG. Very comfortable and smoth. My wife loves the car. We traded a 2004 BMW 325CI and I like this car better. So far so good. No mechanical problems

Ultimate convertible
By Mike on 05/22/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Looked at convertibles for 2 years before settling on the C-70. Decided on C-70 because of feel of quality and safety rating. Very well designed car. Smooth, quiet, excellent acceleration and handling. Gas mileage has been pretty good at 23 mpg in mixed driving. Optional bluetooth system worth the $675 dollars. I like the BLIS and Dynaudio.

Like it, but frustrating
By Rick on 05/02/08 05:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Did a lot of research on convertibles before I bought this one. In general, I think it is a very functional and stylish car. Good driving position and room for the kids. I have had to take it to the dealer 4 times to get rid of the intermittent annoying rattle in the center front of roof and between the front and back right windows. Seems to be a very difficult thing to diagnose and fix.. Hopefully we are getting to the end of the issue. Once resolved, I will love the car.

You can't believe how great this car is!
By Michelle on 04/05/08 21:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This was the first vehicle I test drove when I started car shopping - after no less than 10 vehicles later I returned to buy this awesome car! A practical indulgence - a hardtop sedan when the weather is bad and a convertible when the sun is out. Mine is all but totally loaded with the exception of a navigation system & ultra-prem leather which seems nearly impossible to find - I couldn't be more thrilled. With 2 hours in daily commute time, the ride is luxurious and fun to the point I don't want to leave the vehicle. All I can say is that if you see one on a Volvo lot snap it up ASAP - you won't regret it! Safety, style and fun all rolled up into one great vehicle.

Ultimate Balance of Luxury & Sport
By Terri Powers on 04/05/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a phenomenal car. Fun to drive, safest car available, spacious backseat and trunk. The whole experience was pleasurable.

Best convertible for the money!
By Constantine on 03/25/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After driving the competition the 2008 C70 was a no brainer. Lots of power, beautiful design in and out, the best seats ever (even by Volvo standards) and best of all I can have two car seats in the back (infant and forward facing) with lots of room to spare. I got the upgraded sound system which is amazing and worth every dollar, the climate package which keeps me warm in the morning and free Sirius radio for 6 months. What will amaze you is how big the trunk is with and without the roof in it, how smooth the transmission is how elegant the interior is and how many storage compartments they put in this car. Bravo Volvo!

Very nice car!
By 2007 Volvo C70 T5 2d on 01/23/08 16:13 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After test driving the BMW convertible, this Volvo became an easy choice. Better looks, perfect sound system (please get the upgrade) and best of all has more airbags than I can count. The seats are very comfortable, the interior is nice and easy to use buttons, I also got the Climate package, 6 mo free Sirius, 1 year free maintenance and best of all $10K of the sticker price. All I need now is some sun. Enjoy your purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Volvo C70 Convertible in WA is:

$163 per month*