2008 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (32 reviews )
Fun Pleasureable and reliable
By fordmustang_27 on 02/19/12 15:59 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car used in march 2011. It came with 19,000 miles that woman put on before me. She traded it in and bought a new one. I compared this to the camaro, bmw and infiniti convertibles. These cars could not compete with the value and the feel of this car. The hard top convertible is amazing to watch go up and down. It has surprisingly good power with its 230 hp with its 2.5 liter turbo 5 cylinder. Still gets good gas mileage. I average 22 city and 28 highway driving slow like i normaly do. But I want to pass someone its very easy. Im at 30k miles and had no problems. Very reliable. Only thing its expensive to maintain. Around 200-600 dollars every time i bring it in.

Liked it so much, I bought another!
By 4mercoachrick on 10/09/11 22:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We enjoyed our '08 C70 so much, we just purchased the slightly updated 2011 model. We kept the '08 for 3 1/2 years and just under 30K miles. It was never in the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance and one warped brake rotor. The key-fob seat memory was a little balky...more of a nuisance than anything. Our avg mpg was 23ish for the total period, highway mileage was closer to 30 when we were trying to 'watch' it. After owning the '04 ragtop version of the C70, the '08 was superior in almost every way. Very solid with the top up or down...no problems with the top or its operation. The FWD can get a little 'slippy' if the driver sends too much power on slick roads, FYI.

Never Again
By bruceko1 on 08/10/11 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car used with about 22k miles on it. It now has 36k miles. It's been in the shop twice to fix a front wheel/hub issue that impacted braking function and a third time to replace A/C compressor. A/C still doesn't work correctly and now check engine light is on. I've owned 50 plus vehicles before this one. I've never had a vehicle that required so much time in the shop. So 4 times in the shop in 14,000 miles. Can't wait for the next 14. I'll be dumping this pc of junk before the warranty expires.

Dream Car
By Al on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We just purchased the car today and took it fir a long drive down Cutler Road in Miami what an sunny day and nice breeze off the bay. We have not driven and enjoyed time together like that with my wife in a long time, With the top down we felt we were sailing in time, I want to Thank Phil at Deel Volvo for his patience and honesty they all made the process so simple and honest. I will give you all an updates as the weeks pass,

Never Again
By Brian on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was never more excited to get behind of the wheel of this car. It's sexy in black with a white interior. Although the inside isn't much to write home about, the outside catches eyes. That's about it. In 3 years, it's been in the shop countless times...broken AC, heat, another issue with the engine. The top has malfunctioned 3 times in the last 2 months...twice in the last week alone. Not what I'd expect for the cost. Contacted corporate and they were nice to send out some rebate coupons if I wanted to buy more stuff from Volvo. yeah right. It's looking the brakes need to be replaced too after only 28K miles. I'd rather have a KIA

Great car, best looking under $80K
By Jim on 07/30/10 16:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Looked at BMW convertible. BMW had better performance and name, but C70 has great (better) looks and fine handling for $10K less than BMW. Still get people to see what kind of car it is. Excellent safety/accident reports are a bonus. 49,000 miles with no problems.

First Volvo. Will be last Volvo.
By clt on 06/13/10 09:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Seems to be one repair after the other. First was a top malfunction. Then speaker, trunk and suspension rattles which were not repaired first time and still have speaker noise. Now, problem with low beam lights so cannot drive at night. Feel like we got a lemon. At Volvo more than in home garage. Traded 1995 vehicle with no problems, for a Volvo with too many repairs needed, especially for the price paid. At this point I am afraid to travel to far from home in it. Have already started looking for another make to replace the c70 after this repair is completed. Sad thing is that I love the look and convertible, but, it's just not up to the "old" Volvo reputation.

Loving The Sun
By Willy on 10/02/09 06:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, I love the car. Ride is smooth, power is more than adequate and handling is nimble. The beefed up Dynaudio Sound System is expensive, but AWESOME! The design of the system lets you totally enjoy the stereo even with the top down. Just wish my model came with iPod Dock. Interior is very comfortable and quiet, though not overly spacious. There's plenty to love here, with a few minor annoyances: no iDock, the trunk cowl (required to be snapped down before lowering the top) could seat more securely, some don't like the back massage given by the big subwoofers behind the back seats, BLIS trips out occasionally.

Fun but I wouldn't buy another one.
By Sue on 07/08/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I just discovered that this car has no spare tire. I was never informed it was an option. Who ever heard of such a thing? And Volvo is supposed to be so safety conscious. The interior storage space is terrible. Not even a road map fits in any of the side pockets. Is a cell phone supposed to fit in that little well on the seat divider? Whose?

Love this Car
By Gilberto Rivera on 07/04/09 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We've owned our Volvo C70 for 18 months and so far no problems. Quality, build and fit is excellent. Car rides a little harsh but that is due to the 18" performance tires which wear out rather quickly ($300 a pop to replace). We get a lot of positive comments on the sharp looks. Have one major gripe. That is, the navigation system is a real "Dinosaur" to operate. The Japanese beat the Swedes in the electronic software department, again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.