Used 2008 Volvo C70 T5 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (33 reviews )

Nice features but awkward interior
By djfunkywill

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I replaced my Toyota Solara convertible with this Volvo C70. Despite similar horsepower, the Volvo seems to have quite a bit less pep. I bought this car because it is nice looking and Volvo's reputation for safety and longevity. Now that I've settled into the car, I've noticed that the interior is much smaller than my previous car. I'm an average size male and I've got my seat quite far back. Even this seat setting, I notice that my knuckles bump my leg when I make a turn. I couldn't imagine transporting anyone other than a child in the rear. It seems cramped on the inside but I hope to get used to it.

This car has the Dynaudio upgrade and it is nice. If you enjoy your music with volume and bass, this system does well. The HID headlamps make the night time seem like day although the bulb is about $100 to replace. Even though it is turbo, regular unleaded gas can be safely used.

Interior is not only cramped, but awkward. Although there are two cup holders between the seats, there is nowhere to put change or set an electronic device except for a bizarre shelf that is actually below and behind the dash.

Fun Pleasureable and reliable
By fordmustang_27

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car used in march 2011. It came with 19,000 miles that woman put on before me. She traded it in and bought a new one. I compared this to the camaro, bmw and infiniti convertibles. These cars could not compete with the value and the feel of this car. The hard top convertible is amazing to watch go up and down. It has surprisingly good power with its 230 hp with its 2.5 liter turbo 5 cylinder. Still gets good gas mileage. I average 22 city and 28 highway driving slow like i normaly do. But I want to pass someone its very easy. Im at 30k miles and had no problems. Very reliable. Only thing its expensive to maintain. Around 200-600 dollars every time i bring it in.

Looks, Power, and amazing hard top design

Nothing

Liked it so much, I bought another!
By 4mercoachrick

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We enjoyed our '08 C70 so much, we just purchased the slightly updated 2011 model. We kept the '08 for 3 1/2 years and just under 30K miles. It was never in the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance and one warped brake rotor. The key-fob seat memory was a little balky...more of a nuisance than anything. Our avg mpg was 23ish for the total period, highway mileage was closer to 30 when we were trying to 'watch' it. After owning the '04 ragtop version of the C70, the '08 was superior in almost every way. Very solid with the top up or down...no problems with the top or its operation. The FWD can get a little 'slippy' if the driver sends too much power on slick roads, FYI.

Great top, very solid when up...stows away beautifully for top-down fun. The '04 ragtop was the best of the four convertibles owned to date...the '08 hard top is in another league! Premium stereo is very nice, although I've never owned a Volvo with a 'bad' stereo system other than my '72 145. Plenty of power for 'normal' driving...more than enough for spirited highway driving. Window-down from the key fob is a nice touch on hot days. Trunk space is decent, making the most of the space available when the top is down.

After driving our 281hp XC60, I wouldn't mind if the C70 had a touch more power. Slightly stiffer and/or adjustable suspension would tighten things up when needed. Auto window-up when dropping the top is not needed; BUT an auto top down button on the key fob would be interesting. By the bye, the above menu wouldn't let me choose 'automatic 6 speed trans', which is indeed what we have(NOT the manual).

Never Again
By bruceko1

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car used with about 22k miles on it. It now has 36k miles. It's been in the shop twice to fix a front wheel/hub issue that impacted braking function and a third time to replace A/C compressor. A/C still doesn't work correctly and now check engine light is on. I've owned 50 plus vehicles before this one. I've never had a vehicle that required so much time in the shop. So 4 times in the shop in 14,000 miles. Can't wait for the next 14. I'll be dumping this pc of junk before the warranty expires.

I do like the look of the car, but afraid even that has worn off.

Just about everything mechanical, including where you placed the interior air filter (under the gas pedal) causing a $250.00 replacement cost every 6 months or so.

Dream Car
By Al

2008 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We just purchased the car today and took it fir a long drive down Cutler Road in Miami what an sunny day and nice breeze off the bay. We have not driven and enjoyed time together like that with my wife in a long time, With the top down we felt we were sailing in time, I want to Thank Phil at Deel Volvo for his patience and honesty they all made the process so simple and honest. I will give you all an updates as the weeks pass,

The roof up or down especially dow, /sound system the sterio with the tog down

Can't think of any well designed car