Used 2007 Volvo C70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo C70

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )

Volvo C70
By ADM

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second Volvo C70. I really enjoy the hardtop and the Dynaudio system. I have had to bring the car back to the dealer numerous times for the same two issues. The front windows were not going all the way up when the doors closed. It took five tries before they fixed this issue. The other issue is the full spare tire. Every time I hit a bump of any type in the road the tires rattles around in the trunk. Volvo has looked at this issue at least 5 times and still can't figure out a way to stop it. They are looking into a foam base for it to sit on. They believe it might be a recall issue down the road.

Favorite Features

Hardtop and Dynaudio system.

Suggested Improvements

Allow the passengers in the rear seats the ability to open their own windows.

Honey Can I Drive the C70?
By Simply Beautiful

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Simply a wonderful automobile... sedan by rainy day, dream car by sunny day! We love our '07 Volvo C70! Nice lines, better looking with the top down. It's an awesome car to drive. Compared it to the VW EOS and thought we would save money by getting the EOS. One drive in the C70, DynaSound, Premium Package and we were both sold! She loves it. I can't drive it enough! Moved from an S80 to the C70 and love the car. Get one!

Favorite Features

DynaSound, MP3 auxiliary input for the iPod & Bi Xenons!

Suggested Improvements

Auto lumbar support, a bit larger storage areas in the doors (can't fit much in the space).

Jim's review
By Jim

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is very comfortable and well constructed. The stereo system is amazing. The convertible top is ingenious. The fit and finish of the vehicle is outstanding. Styling is sleek and mature. The engine power could be classified as peppy. Interior and exterior design is distinctive and elegant.

Favorite Features

Convertible top, stereo and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Slight problem with wind noise. One rattle.

This IS what it's like to love your car!
By BDKFONT

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Top up or down this car is quiet even without the windblocker! The ride is better than the two V6s I have owned in the last 7 years. The center console panel is every 'gadget' persons' best friend!! This is just a WOW car, the lines, the comfort, the style (top up OR down) it is incredible! The back seat is "cushy" (as my 7 y/o son puts it) and the trunk space is substantial even with the top down. Try it, you will love it!

Favorite Features

Dynoaudio, the safety of the car, come to think of it - the whole car is my favorite part!

Suggested Improvements

With all the bells and whistles, why not automatic lumbar support?

Most mileage is to the dealer
By momsfirst

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Love to drive my C70, unfortunately, the majority of it seems to be the 50 miles one way to the dealer for the Check Engine light repair. Six times in 7 weeks, less than 5,000 miles on the car. Have a 16 hour road trip in two weeks, wish I had a right arm rest. The center console is positioned for a height of about 6', not my 5'6"

Favorite Features

Love the top down, and stereo and bluetooth and the way it handles, and the plug-in for my ipod that plays through the stereo.

Suggested Improvements

A right armrest would be nice, maybe just a sliding top on the center console like other cars have. Power lumbar support, like Lexus, adjustable headrest. A gas cap that doesn't come loose requiring dealer service.