2007 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )
Love my C70
By Rick on 03/11/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Volvo and I had concerns about quality prior to my purchase. So far the car has performed well, no visits to the dealership except for routine work The car has a very solid feel and is quiet, not even a rattle. Biggest problem has been getting to drive it! My wife and 3 sons prefer this to our Lexus EX 330 and Acura TL.

Great car, so far
By rschleicher on 02/22/07 15:38 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

It's only been a month or so, but my wife and I love our new C70. Great styling and design, great build quality, and zero initial problems. Sure the engine power is not earth- shaking, but it's plenty adequate. The car handles well, brakes well, looks great, and has lots of distinctive touches. Retractable top is great, the Dynaudio sound is top-of-the-line, and you won't see yourself coming and going, due to the limited volume being built. It truly is two cars in one, and looks as good with the top up as down. It's not an all-out sports car, but rather it's a heck of a stylish, fun, top up/down touring car. That said, it won't be embarrassed in the twisties. Oh yeah - it's safe, too.

Designed for ME and Family!
By MNMS on 01/24/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great Car! I looked at the BMW 330CI and Audi A4 and the C70 is by far the best! I have the car one week and heads are turning. Ride is smooth and tight, mileage great, and really is two cars in one. Top up or down looks great. No air noise when top down. No regrets!

Grand wedding over, marriage begins
By Paulvo on 01/13/07 14:51 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I thought I was getting a sporty, luxurious convertible; after 2500 miles, it's just a reliable Swedish 4- seater hardtop convertible; Sporty- car is too heavy & the suspension is like my old man's ‘92 Buick Park Avenue; acceleration- good; cornering not tight; steering- too loose; also, it looks sporty for a Volvo, but come on, consider your baseline; Luxury- nice overall amenities, but there’s room for improvement (see comments below; also, no sunglass case, for $48K?!); Convertible- definitely an attractive European hardtop convertible with a unique 4 seater feature (it won’t be for long– BMW’s version launches in 07); no buyer’s remorse (yet), but I’m not sure I would repeat my choice

I love my new C70!
By Ozefan on 01/13/07 04:21 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The four months that it took for my C70 to arrive from Sweden were well worth it! I've had the car for just over two months now and I absolutely love it. I have the manual, 6-speed. It handles extremely well, and is especially fun on curvy country roads. People stop and watch as the top goes up or down. Fuel economy is better than I expected. It's very comfortable - the bucket seat supports your back and a long road trip is conducted with ease and comfort. And there is genuine room for 2 passengers in the rear seats. Adequate trunk space.

Very pleased...
By fairfaxc70 on 01/11/07 13:56 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I ordered this car in September and during the 3 month wait had some second thoughts.Now after two weeks of driving I feel it was a smart choice. It is a pleasure to drive, comfortable, and is elegantly stylish inside and out.

Outstanding Automobile!
By Rexis on 12/22/06 21:59 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought my 2007 C70 this past September and the car is simply outstanding! The retractable hardtop-- the signature feature--is a marvel of engineering and truly makes this vehicle 100% versatile--a convertible when I want be sporty, a quiet riding coupe when the top is up, and a nice family car for the four of us on long or short outings. The car is sophisticated but subtle, not drawing unwanted attention and does not scream "mid-life crisis" but is instead a good balance of fun, fashion, performance, practicality, and pride. The engine has plenty of pickup, and the leather interior is luxurious and first-class. All in all, a great car and a real keeper for this enthusiastic owner!

Fun & relaxing
By JHANON on 12/13/06 19:27 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The drive is smooth, the back seats roomy enough for groceries but tight for people -- though not so tight as the more expensive kind -- and look is appealing in its lines and styling. One drawback is the accelerator is too close to the brake pedal. Other than this it is a superb auto/convertible.

Turns heads
By pachung on 11/28/06 12:46 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, a great car for its price. Can't get a hard top that seats 4 from anywhere else. Like the title says, you'll be turning some heads when you lower the top at a signal. It's not built for performance though... looks sporty but really isn't.

No longer waiting
By larryh on 11/13/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I already have 1300 miles on the car and have only had it since 11/30. I have been able to put the roof down twice and have experienced no problems other than my seat belt flapping. I also find the brake pedal to close to the gas pedal, I constantly bump it when moving my foot to the gas pedal. This car is definitely worth the money that I paid for it. I bought the flint gray with off black interior, the combination really looks great. The most annoying problem is getting into the back seat, I just don't like the seats work, would be better if manual.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.