Used 2007 Volvo C70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo C70

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )

worst car ever!
By paul collica

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I will never buy another VOLVO. This car has had the engine replaced, new brakes, roof squeaks and master computer went. The car in 2 years old and has ony 10,000 miles The biggest waste of $49,000!!! Stay clear of this car

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

discontinue model!

What a great car!
By Doug Caldwell

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought our C70 through the Overseas Delivery Program. You get 2 round trip tickets to Europe (anywhere, anytime, even peak season!), a night at the best hotel in Gothenburg, a free tank of gas (worth about $170!), insurance while you are there, a nice tour and lunch, and of course the car is shipped back. We took the all night ferry to Kiel-a beautiful trip thru the fjords. Ask to book the ferry at the factory, and you get a Volvo discount. We drove thru Germany, France and Belgium then up to Amsterdam, about 2000 mi. The car turned heads everywhere, it gets good mileage and is a practical extravagance. Buy a portable nav with European maps in the US before you go- we didn't, and wish we had

Favorite Features

The top is ultra cool-yet practical. Everything works well on this car. Great stereo!

Suggested Improvements

None-it's perfect!

Best Hardtop Under $50K
By manus198

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I wouldn't even consider buying a car without Sirius, locking gas cap, and good gas mileage. This car offers the above with the best audio quality of any car I've experienced. The 6 speed manual with use of 87 octane gets me 21mpg between by highway and city driving. I would probably get better mileage with the suggested 93 octane. That is decent considering the car is built solid and the engine is 2.5L turbo. My only 2 complaints is the driver's left side elbow rest is uncomfortable during long rides. Second I continue to experience small issues with the convertible top software. The car sometimes thinks the roof is open when it isn't so you have to open and close it to reset the sensors.

Favorite Features

Hopefully the feature I never have to use which is the safety aspect. Audi makes a good convertible as well, the A4 but the A4 has a poor safety rating unless they recently improved it. Also the wheels and color coded exterior functional door guard lines and built in mirror signalers look fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

With the manual shorter shifts and role back control when starting on a steep incline. Get rid of the CD player and replace with an ipod cradle in the same location. Also move the optional GPS screen so it is combined with the radio/thermostat LCD display. The GPS should also be touch screen.

Best convertible yet
By Morgen

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I saw my C70 being built in June of 2006 in Udevalla Sweden and took overseas delivery of it in September. It is loaded with the nav system and the premium sound system. The car has been flawless in performance. The car continues to draw appreciative remarks from people, especially when I put the top down or up. I still have the manufacturer's plates on the front of the car. Look forward to purchasing another Volvo in 2010.

Favorite Features

Color, sound system, convertible

Suggested Improvements

Improve nav system, not very intuitive. Voice recognition

Hot Car - Always gets an audience!
By Tom

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Where do I begin? I have had 6 red cars and 4 different convertibles in the past 30 years. I wouldn't trade this one for all of them. Everywhere I go, people ask me about it and compliment its appearance. It is fun to drive, looks hot, and I have had only a couple of minor service issues (I am at 37000 now) and the dealer bent over backwards to correct them. This is my 2nd C70 and they really improved it over the old rag top version. Its quiet, doesnt leak in the rain, and i have the top dowm most of the time! Buy one and go get a date!

Favorite Features

Shape, metal retractable roof, color.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a thing!