2007 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )
Volvo C70 - one owner experience
By David Assegi on 08/16/07 04:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

More fun in a Volvo than one could imagine. It is different too. Swedish cool that turns heads without being ostentatious. There are dozens of BMWs out there. So if you want something that does pretty much exactly the same thing, but isn't "me too", go for the C70.

Volvo C70 first two thousand miles
By tim2it on 07/30/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Got one of those 6000 imported C70 2007 babies, and I'm really enjoying it. It is Magic Blue Pearl with white interior. Best, most intuitive interior I have ever owned. I think it is called ergonomics. I also get people stopping me all the time to admire the car. Auto trans is a lagger at the light, but acceptable for people who don't care to shift. There is a pull to the right during accelerated lane changes at higher speeds, but again, it is OK if you know it is part of the turbo right twist phenom. I took it to Yosemite and over 9,000 feet mountain passes and the car was fantastic. Overall, it is a great ride, and a nice, safe drive. Let's hope I can get parts as it ages.

Volvo C70
By GB on 06/04/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have only had the vehicle for 7 weeks however I am very satisfied with the performance of the vehicle. The only downside thus far is the gas mileage. I have only been getting about 18 MPG in the city.

Not Ready for Prime Time!
By Missb on 05/22/07 17:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My 6 month old C70 has been in the shop twice because of roof rattles, roof still rattles. Volvo just sent out a "Campaign Notice", recall? Another trip to the dealer! After a minor fender bender, repairs took 2 months, primarily due to parts being on "national backorder". One came in a mislabeled carton, it took an additional week until the right part came from Sweden. A week later, the roof and trunk stuck half way open necessitating an emergency tow and more shop time! Apparently few techs are trained to work on the C70. Volvo is not supporting this car with parts inventory/tech training. Some customer service reps were surprisingly rude. Not what you'd expect from Volvo, a disappointment.

Lemon?
By Sharon Lewis on 05/22/07 05:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had nothing but trouble with this car. It began at about 3,000 miles with a new fuel injector, gas tank & line, then moved on to strange noises upon starting, broken button on seat, first the passenger window quit working, now the driver window won't stay closed. I have had it in the shop 5 times for 8 problems. I am in the process of trying to sell them back this car.

Volvo C70
By ADM on 05/07/07 13:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second Volvo C70. I really enjoy the hardtop and the Dynaudio system. I have had to bring the car back to the dealer numerous times for the same two issues. The front windows were not going all the way up when the doors closed. It took five tries before they fixed this issue. The other issue is the full spare tire. Every time I hit a bump of any type in the road the tires rattles around in the trunk. Volvo has looked at this issue at least 5 times and still can't figure out a way to stop it. They are looking into a foam base for it to sit on. They believe it might be a recall issue down the road.

Honey Can I Drive the C70?
By Simply Beautiful on 05/02/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Simply a wonderful automobile... sedan by rainy day, dream car by sunny day! We love our '07 Volvo C70! Nice lines, better looking with the top down. It's an awesome car to drive. Compared it to the VW EOS and thought we would save money by getting the EOS. One drive in the C70, DynaSound, Premium Package and we were both sold! She loves it. I can't drive it enough! Moved from an S80 to the C70 and love the car. Get one!

Jim's review
By Jim on 04/15/07 05:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is very comfortable and well constructed. The stereo system is amazing. The convertible top is ingenious. The fit and finish of the vehicle is outstanding. Styling is sleek and mature. The engine power could be classified as peppy. Interior and exterior design is distinctive and elegant.

This IS what it's like to love your car!
By BDKFONT on 04/14/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Top up or down this car is quiet even without the windblocker! The ride is better than the two V6s I have owned in the last 7 years. The center console panel is every 'gadget' persons' best friend!! This is just a WOW car, the lines, the comfort, the style (top up OR down) it is incredible! The back seat is "cushy" (as my 7 y/o son puts it) and the trunk space is substantial even with the top down. Try it, you will love it!

Most mileage is to the dealer
By momsfirst on 03/19/07 14:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Love to drive my C70, unfortunately, the majority of it seems to be the 50 miles one way to the dealer for the Check Engine light repair. Six times in 7 weeks, less than 5,000 miles on the car. Have a 16 hour road trip in two weeks, wish I had a right arm rest. The center console is positioned for a height of about 6', not my 5'6"

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.