2007 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
By gorj on 04/07/14 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have recently purchased a 2007 Volvo C70 with only 32,000 miles and loaded with all the Volvo options. I am a life time Volvo owner with almost 2 million miles on them. That said, I am a very open minded critic of all vehicles. I have never had a new, off the showroom floor, Volvo. I have also never had a lemon Volvo. I maintain my vehicles well and correct issues before they become problems. I feel the C70 hardtop convertible, is very good on the eyes - I receive a lot of looks. For my type of driving it has all the performance and handling I want. Although seven years old, this C70 looks showroom new, which says something about the quality of the material and build.

An Amazing Hard Top Convertible!
By dave_justdave on 08/05/12 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is absolutely the most fun to drive of all of the cars I have ever owned. The leather seats are incredibly comfortable, the engine and transmission are very responsive, handling is excellent and you can cruise with the top down knowing that if there is a chance of rain, you can pull over and have the hard top up in 30 seconds with the push of a button. I love the handling, love the interior space - one of the best convertibles on the market still today!

Not worth the money
By FLRabbit on 07/26/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been a maintenance nightmare. I've had to fix things on this car I've never had to think about on any other car, and parts and labor are a fortune. Volvo closed the dealership where I bought it so now I have to drive an hour each way to get service. Not that they care, because you often have to keep going back before they admit to or find the problem. This car is fun to drive when it's in shape, but unfortunately that's almost never. It goes through tires like a big dog goes through bones. You get weird little rattles and shimmies everywhere (that Volvo will blame on road conditions) and random things breaking that cost hundreds of dollars to fix. Not worth it at all.

Secondhand C70
By Darren on 12/11/09 04:44 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

On drive home from out of state, I got 30mpg with cruise control, even in strong wind. Overall, I average about 21-22mpg in mixed driving, which is not great, but for a heavy turbocharged car with wide tires, it's not bad. The top takes longer to retract/raise than other convertibles, but there is none that looks nearly as good while doing it. Plenty of power out of just 2.5 liter, gobs of torque so minimal downshifting even in mountains. Premium package included Dynaudio stereo, which has extraordinary fidelity at all volume levels.

First ever Volvo
By Carolyn on 10/28/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never had a volvo. I had a mercedes and this compares to my mercedes, only with a convertible. I have had no problems with the car at all and she is so much fun to drive, I get compliments just about ever where I go! I will have another one and wonder why I waited so long!

worst car ever!
By paul collica on 05/26/09 21:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I will never buy another VOLVO. This car has had the engine replaced, new brakes, roof squeaks and master computer went. The car in 2 years old and has ony 10,000 miles The biggest waste of $49,000!!! Stay clear of this car

What a great car!
By Doug Caldwell on 08/06/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought our C70 through the Overseas Delivery Program. You get 2 round trip tickets to Europe (anywhere, anytime, even peak season!), a night at the best hotel in Gothenburg, a free tank of gas (worth about $170!), insurance while you are there, a nice tour and lunch, and of course the car is shipped back. We took the all night ferry to Kiel-a beautiful trip thru the fjords. Ask to book the ferry at the factory, and you get a Volvo discount. We drove thru Germany, France and Belgium then up to Amsterdam, about 2000 mi. The car turned heads everywhere, it gets good mileage and is a practical extravagance. Buy a portable nav with European maps in the US before you go- we didn't, and wish we had

Best Hardtop Under $50K
By manus198 on 07/24/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I wouldn't even consider buying a car without Sirius, locking gas cap, and good gas mileage. This car offers the above with the best audio quality of any car I've experienced. The 6 speed manual with use of 87 octane gets me 21mpg between by highway and city driving. I would probably get better mileage with the suggested 93 octane. That is decent considering the car is built solid and the engine is 2.5L turbo. My only 2 complaints is the driver's left side elbow rest is uncomfortable during long rides. Second I continue to experience small issues with the convertible top software. The car sometimes thinks the roof is open when it isn't so you have to open and close it to reset the sensors.

Best convertible yet
By Morgen on 05/14/08 13:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I saw my C70 being built in June of 2006 in Udevalla Sweden and took overseas delivery of it in September. It is loaded with the nav system and the premium sound system. The car has been flawless in performance. The car continues to draw appreciative remarks from people, especially when I put the top down or up. I still have the manufacturer's plates on the front of the car. Look forward to purchasing another Volvo in 2010.

Hot Car - Always gets an audience!
By Tom on 02/06/08 20:51 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo C70 Convertible T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Where do I begin? I have had 6 red cars and 4 different convertibles in the past 30 years. I wouldn't trade this one for all of them. Everywhere I go, people ask me about it and compliment its appearance. It is fun to drive, looks hot, and I have had only a couple of minor service issues (I am at 37000 now) and the dealer bent over backwards to correct them. This is my 2nd C70 and they really improved it over the old rag top version. Its quiet, doesnt leak in the rain, and i have the top dowm most of the time! Buy one and go get a date!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.