Used 2007 Volvo C70 T5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo C70

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
By gorj

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have recently purchased a 2007 Volvo C70 with only 32,000 miles and loaded with all the Volvo options. I am a life time Volvo owner with almost 2 million miles on them. That said, I am a very open minded critic of all vehicles. I have never had a new, off the showroom floor, Volvo. I have also never had a lemon Volvo. I maintain my vehicles well and correct issues before they become problems. I feel the C70 hardtop convertible, is very good on the eyes - I receive a lot of looks. For my type of driving it has all the performance and handling I want. Although seven years old, this C70 looks showroom new, which says something about the quality of the material and build.

Favorite Features

For me, Volvo's have always been reliable and this C70 is no exception. In the first seven years of its life it has had no breakdowns with only battery and tires replaced along with scheduled maintenance. The upgraded sound system is fantastic, one of the best auto sound systems I have ever heard. The upgraded 18" wheels and low profile tires really grip the road. But the "gee wiz' aspect of the C70 is its hardtop convertible. When going up or coming down it is art in motion. And it does not leak when up. Even with the top down the trunk still has space for luggage. It is too bad Volvo has ceased production of the C70 in 2013.

Suggested Improvements

Volvo has always been a tic or two behind the latest technology and it is so for this C70. The optional navigation system very outdated - even for 2007. For a $2000 option it is nowhere near the quality of my $125 Garmin. But the voice in it sounds human! The door pockets are not deep and are very shallow. There is no place to store CD sleeves. By the time you store the car manuals, there is little room left in the glove box. The interior fit and finish is crisp and clean but not up to the quality of a luxury sport vehicle. The radio is not up to par with the sound system. My Nissan pickup has better reception. Volvo service is very pricy.

An Amazing Hard Top Convertible!
By dave_justdave

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is absolutely the most fun to drive of all of the cars I have ever owned. The leather seats are incredibly comfortable, the engine and transmission are very responsive, handling is excellent and you can cruise with the top down knowing that if there is a chance of rain, you can pull over and have the hard top up in 30 seconds with the push of a button. I love the handling, love the interior space - one of the best convertibles on the market still today!

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, handling, hard top, convertible, excellent gas mileage, automatic transmission, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Lower price....cant think of much else.

Not worth the money
By FLRabbit

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been a maintenance nightmare. I've had to fix things on this car I've never had to think about on any other car, and parts and labor are a fortune. Volvo closed the dealership where I bought it so now I have to drive an hour each way to get service. Not that they care, because you often have to keep going back before they admit to or find the problem. This car is fun to drive when it's in shape, but unfortunately that's almost never. It goes through tires like a big dog goes through bones. You get weird little rattles and shimmies everywhere (that Volvo will blame on road conditions) and random things breaking that cost hundreds of dollars to fix. Not worth it at all.

Favorite Features

Paint color, convertible top works OK, but sometimes computer thinks it's open when it's not.

Suggested Improvements

Volvo needs to build cars for people that drive, not for people that have 5 cars and drive each one once a week. This car is just not worth what they charge and neither is the quality of their service.

Secondhand C70
By Darren

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

On drive home from out of state, I got 30mpg with cruise control, even in strong wind. Overall, I average about 21-22mpg in mixed driving, which is not great, but for a heavy turbocharged car with wide tires, it's not bad. The top takes longer to retract/raise than other convertibles, but there is none that looks nearly as good while doing it. Plenty of power out of just 2.5 liter, gobs of torque so minimal downshifting even in mountains. Premium package included Dynaudio stereo, which has extraordinary fidelity at all volume levels.

Favorite Features

Flat torque curve; heated leather seats; AMAZING xenon headlight; ingeniously engineered roof system; Dynaudio sound system; Nordic interior design elements (waterfall of aluminum for center stack)

Suggested Improvements

get rid of Michelin original equipment tires for some with better wet weather traction. I fault the tires, not the car.

First ever Volvo
By Carolyn

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never had a volvo. I had a mercedes and this compares to my mercedes, only with a convertible. I have had no problems with the car at all and she is so much fun to drive, I get compliments just about ever where I go! I will have another one and wonder why I waited so long!

Favorite Features

styling and convertible , of course

Suggested Improvements

Phone does not work well,the person you a talking too cannot understand what you are saying. I don't use the blue-tooth hook up anymore.