Worth the wait
By whichhardtop on
2006 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
I fell into my 2006 C70 when a higher up in the Volvo company turned in his red C70 after putting 700 miles playing around with it for a few months. The question is, after driving this car, why would anyone give it up? The biggest knock on this car is that it is not fun to drive. Try the standard 6-speed manual and watch it put the 218 horseys to work (and save $1250). Also forget about spending $1400 on leather seating and go with the amazingly sleek (and not very hot) synthetic flextech upholstery. I had no regrets about dropping $1550 on the 12-speaker dynaudio system, which sounds phenomenal. My other big splurge was the 18" tires, which firmly place this as a bonafide sportscar.
Favorite Features
Don't get me wrong, this is a nice convertible, but this is, bar none, the prettiest coupe you'll ever see. What their jaws drop when you push a button to put down the hard top. A close second would be the quality interior. People say this is not worth $10,000 more than a G6. Yeah right.
Suggested Improvements
I like the fact that this gets better gas mileage than most convertibles, but wouldn't is 30 mpg too much to ask?