2006 Volvo C70 Consumer Review: Check your rims

2006 Volvo C70 - Consumer Review

Check your rims
By Jeff on

2006 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We love the C70 but it has been in the shop a number of times due to the top's sensor going off while driving in the rain and when someone is walking behind the car as I back out of a parking space. Basically I have to reset the top by opening and closing it. Not a fun experience in the rain. Another ongoing issue is both right rims seemed to have gone oval for no reason. One rim was even cracked on the interior. The dealership and Volvo USA say they are not responsible. The top rattles, water gets in at the car wash. The battery died which unlocks the car and rolls down the windows. It's a safety feature.

I love driving it. It does have a wow factor. It's comfortable. It handles well. It's stylish.

Fix the rattles. Fix the top sensor from going off all the time. It doesn't get the gas mileage on the sticker. Give me 4 new tires and rims. I should feel safe in it but due to the tire issues. I wince at every little pump.