2006 Volvo C70 Consumer Review: Never again

2006 Volvo C70 - Consumer Review

T5 Convertible (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Never again
By chris292 on

2006 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for 5 years and it has 104k miles. First off, tires. This thing eats them. The best we've done is 20k miles, the worst was 10k. I've put 6 sets on it, and we have them rotated and realigned every 4k miles. Brakes. These have been replaced 4 times so far. Other replacements include the nav (twice), alternator, motor mounts, suspension (entire thing) and several "fixes" to the top. The car is driven on regular public roads and we go slow over speed bumps. The seats have twice now decided to move backwards on their own while I was getting stuff out of the back seat. On both occasions I was stuck and had to have help to get out.

Its pretty.

Fire everyone related to the production of this car. Then, hire people that know how to put a vehicle together. Next, product test the care in real life usage. There is NO reason for the seats to start moving of their own accord after some unknown amount of time. Also, there is NO reason that a set of tires only last 10k to 20k miles. Finally, radically reduce the repair bill. $1250 for an alternator is a bit on the price gouging side.