My First Volvo
By Dan Tetirick on
2004 Volvo C70 LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
Having last purchased a new vehicle in 1993, I made a decision earlier in the year it was time to re-enter the new car market. After a month of vehicle research, test drives, etc., I had narrowed my choice down to either a Toyota 4Runner or a Volvo XC90 but when it came to signing on the dotted line I just could not suppress the attraction I had developed for the C70. It am so delighted I purchased this vehicle and I have absolutely no buyer's remorse in doing so. The C70 drives like a dream, hugs the asphalt, and has plenty of pep. (My vehicle has the larger turbo engine.)
Favorite Features
A nice array of creature comforts. Good visability. I love how the convertible roof completely retracts into the trunk with one touch of a button and then reverses itself just as easily.
Suggested Improvements
It always seems to take two or three trys to get the seat moved forward enough when I am attempting to allow someone into the back seat. The mechanics of the operation are more awkward than they need be. Provide more adequate space for cup holders.