2004 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
Fun in the sun!
By Skippypac on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Amazing how little wind penetrates the passenger compartment with top down. Outside noise is not with the top up. I now understand the meaning of turbo lag. I think the car matches up very well with Mercedes CLK and BMW 328 conv, there are some vehicle integrity issues you would not expect from a luxury car, such as noise from the wheels when you turn the steering wheel all the way, a very slight rattle in the dashboard, & sometimes a squeak when window goes up. At low speeds when you first start the car up there is a slight vibration. With Volvo you don't get the bells & whistles that you do with a Jap or German car, but the bottom line is I love my C70.

Best in Class
By pbgeneraluse on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Tested Audi A4, BMW, Saab; Easily picked C70. All are stylish cars, but C70 is more elegant, classy; a head turning auto. Its the most spacious-comfortable of the 4; has most features-including safety. C70 is a dream to drive. My trip to work seems cut in half. Handling is perfect for normal driving and more than any adult would need. Rear window is smaller than a Sebring, which does not have an auto-boot, but larger than the Saab. Not the acceleration of the BMW, but how often do you really need to jam the gas? Love the solid sound when I close the door. Will last 20 years, still look great, and still feel like it "fits" a mature adult.

Concerns
By John Hancock on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible HPT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The car seems to have heavy shakes at 50MPH, especially in the morning when it's cold. As it warms up shakes lighten up a little bit. Backing up with top up has a visual problem as there are no "portholes" in the canvas top and therefore visibility is blocked when backing up and trying to see, mostly to the right side approaching cars as well as blind spot just to see what is behind you. Electronic access to rear seat is slow and a pain, would be better to have manual seat backs that go forward.

Midlife Crisis
By Philliptsr on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible HPT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

After buying I remember why I want a convertable again. The comfort and handling is just what was needed to allow me to again enjoy the open air and the looks that go with driving topless. The road performance and gas mileage for the car is a pleasant suprise. I live outside of town and commute 29 miles each way through traffic and still average 27.2 MPG.

My First Volvo
By Dan Tetirick on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Having last purchased a new vehicle in 1993, I made a decision earlier in the year it was time to re-enter the new car market. After a month of vehicle research, test drives, etc., I had narrowed my choice down to either a Toyota 4Runner or a Volvo XC90 but when it came to signing on the dotted line I just could not suppress the attraction I had developed for the C70. It am so delighted I purchased this vehicle and I have absolutely no buyer's remorse in doing so. The C70 drives like a dream, hugs the asphalt, and has plenty of pep. (My vehicle has the larger turbo engine.)

PROUD OWNER
By Hartley Lord on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned convertables for over 50 years, from the earliest Vett, 190SL,and Eldorado etc. The C70 is the most practical and enjoyable experience of all.

2004 Volvo HPT Convertible
By VolvoHPT2004 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible HPT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Great Appearance, powerful engine,many features come with car that were optional

The Best!
By downesh on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Everything about it is great! I am constantly getting comments about how beautiful it is and what great lines it has.

Awesome Car!
By ralpha on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

There are 4 convertibles in the near- luxury class that all sell for about the same dollars: SAAB 9-3, BMW 3series, Audi A4, and the Volvo C70. Don't buy any of these cars without first checking out the Volvo! I've had mine for 4 days now. It is the nicest car I've ever driven! Even though mine is the lpt, it has plenty of giddy-up. Gives a nice smooth ride; softer than the 9-3 or the A4. Handles wonderfully. All the goodies (leather, CD player, heated seats, alarm, etc) come standard. The seats are especially confortable. I know this is a nice car because my wife and my 2 sons (18 and 23) all want to drive it!

Volvo C70
By John Styslinger on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible HPT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I was intent on buying a ragtop and the C-70 was my number 1 choice after driving a T bird, BMW, and Saab. The fact that you can fit 4 adults in it with no difficulty ( I'm 6'2" ) was a huge plus. Unless you and your wife/husband are going out with Barbie and Ken, forget the BMW for about 6 grand more to boot,and the T Bird has no room for me even without a backseat.