2004 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
Tranny issues plague C70
By ncmommy on 05/31/13 10:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2004 in 2005 and love the look with the top down. The main thing to watch out for is the transmission!!! At 90,000 miles it began to slip and by 120,000 I had to have it rebuilt to the tune of $3500. Since having this work done I've not had any additional issues but was sorely disappointed in this Volvo as I've owned 6 and this one just pooped out. Another thing to watch is to never drive up too close to a parking curb!!! The bumper is so flexible and low to the ground as to let the car easily run up. Due to the shape it will literally rip off when you back up. This has happened to me 2x and I swear I'm not being as stupid as this sounds.

My Super Sexy Hottie C70
By supersexyc70 on 01/13/11 15:01 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

What can I possibly say about my "C70~Gal"; we met at the Volvo Factory Gothenburg... I was in Europe on business. But, prior to going their i was at the La Car Show were I saw this model on display. Their I said I have to have one; the sales gal who was from Sweden invited me to the factory. Once at the factory I got the grand tour and told them I was going to be in Europe on business from a few months. So, I purchased the car drove it all over Europe, and into Africa. A week before leaving back to Calif., the factory took care of the smog and between us we added a whole bunch of options that you would have not gotten here in the USA. To this day I am still in a State of total Aw! TY Volvo

First Volvo
By capteemo on 09/23/09 15:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car had been in an accident and had a salvage title, price right, but some concern because of that. However, once I put new tires and new engine mounts on the car (they had deteriorated in hot Florida weather) this car runs like new and is a pleasure to drive. Good pickup, great fun on an open winding road with the top down.

Fun Car
By Ross on 07/23/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Really enjoy the car. Being 6'3", I need more head room than most. This car fits me well. Smooth engine, great looks. Only problems: slow acceleration up slight grades sometimes causes the tranny to slip a bit between 2nd and 3rd. No slip at heavier acceleration though. Also, get verbal abuse about the headlight wipers:Could do without them. Actually room under the hood to work on a few things myself. Only other nitpick is the slow power seat feature to enter the back seat.

Driving Pleasure
By Ric on 04/09/07 13:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible HPT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased this car used, with only 2070 miles on it! The car is a pleasure to drive, very sporty looking, and gets great gas mileage (32.3 MPG highway. The quality of the build is typical Volvo, everything fits as it should, and solid as a rock.

Wonderful car
By Todd on 09/19/06 07:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible HPT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this car for almost 2 years now and love it. It's comfortable, fun to drive and gets looks everywhere I go.

Fun Car
By Maureen Chuga on 07/13/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have found this car fun to drive. I've gotten 26 mpg highway. I'm able to easily zip in and out of traffic when entering highway and changing lanes. Easy to park. Has trunk space for 1 large and 2 small suitcases with extra space for shopping bags.

2006
By Herb Feinzig on 07/05/06 23:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Car handles well, is excellent on highways and at speed. Not as good in towns. Turning radius too wide. Wonderful acceleration due to turbo. Great at passing as well. Convertible noisy with top up. Too much air noise. Great with top down. Speed control excellent. Does not have GPS system, major loss. Radio and CD player good to excellent. Overall, very good to excedllent in most respects.

My second Volvo C70
By convertible on 05/18/06 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is a pleasure to drive. The ride is comfortable but still has the feel of the sports car. It handles well on the road in the snow. Volvo is conscientious about the quality of service received.

2 Summers of Fun
By jipsu1988 on 11/16/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo C70 Convertible LPT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

2nd review, sold the car after 2 great summers. Great ownership experience with no mechanical problems at all. Always looked great/unique, the 2 kids had lots of room in back. Smooth Georgia roads with turns brought out the best of this car. Interior comfort and quality were great (unlike some other's experience). Not a firm, sporty drive (like BMW and Audi A4) but a fine GT cruiser. Avg 23 mpg in mixed driving, 28 on highway. Extended warranty if you're buying used may be required w/reference to other's mech problems. I would stay away if you live in a city with rough roads. If you can find one used at low-mid 20's it should still be worth 15K in 3 more years. Good fun for not much coin!