Update on my Moondust C70
By 1972ChevelleMalibu on
2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)
15,500 miles and can't wait for this summer. Only word of caution, get rid of the stock Pirelli tires ASAP. First off, they are only summer and second, the sidewalls are way too weak. You hit a pothole or bump and they are ruined. I switch over to Dunlop Wintersport M3. They also come run- flat. Take much more abuse (regulars), but low - profile in general is a bad idea. Car was totally fine in snow with the Dunlops (they are winter tires). Moondust color is perfect for hiding dirt, finish is fine, interior is perfect. No problems with anything, just get in and turn the key. Very unique. Drive all day and maybe see one other on the road. Can't think of anything else I would rather have.
Favorite Features
Power. If you don't mind a little turbo lag (my other car was a turbo, too doesn't bother me at all), you can't beat it. I haven't even ever come close to flooring it the entire 18 mos. By the way, I liked it so much that I leased an XC90 for my wife to drive. That is quite the vehicle, too.
Suggested Improvements
I can really only think of two: I like the radio to get really REALLY loud. On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 - loudest, the best this radio can do is about an 8 (or I am going deaf, which is entirely possible). The other is the top is so NOT designed for the rain. When doors are open, water just streams in.