2003 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
Great Car
By spmoran on 12/06/06 12:14 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fast, fun and pretty reliable. I've had a few strange things happen. Once the climate control stopped working, but when I got to the dealership it started again and has been fine since. Once the engine light came on but they couldn't figure out why. Someone mentioned that it was because I just got gas. Anyway, it went off and hasn't come on again. Otherwise I've had no problems.

1972ChevelleMalibu checking in new pass
By TopDown on 03/24/06 09:14 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

20,500 miles. Not driving as much as I should! Everything on the car is in excellent condition. The only weird thing that happens is sometimes the windshield wipers stop without being all the way down while cleaning. Top is showing some mild discoloration on the flex spots, but I also use the top as much as possible (any day over 60 degrees) in New England. Car is superb on the highway. Cruises at any speed with control. Highly recommended as a used car (providing no accidents, etc). You get a huge discount off of new, yet car is 90% the same if well taken care of. Would buy again.

Update on my Moondust C70
By 1972ChevelleMalibu on 03/26/05 12:12 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

15,500 miles and can't wait for this summer. Only word of caution, get rid of the stock Pirelli tires ASAP. First off, they are only summer and second, the sidewalls are way too weak. You hit a pothole or bump and they are ruined. I switch over to Dunlop Wintersport M3. They also come run- flat. Take much more abuse (regulars), but low - profile in general is a bad idea. Car was totally fine in snow with the Dunlops (they are winter tires). Moondust color is perfect for hiding dirt, finish is fine, interior is perfect. No problems with anything, just get in and turn the key. Very unique. Drive all day and maybe see one other on the road. Can't think of anything else I would rather have.

Can't wait for next season
By 1972ChevelleMalibu on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I have to put in my opinion on this car because they are so hard to find, etc. I have had my Moondust C70 with the high powered turbo for 6 months and 6,000 miles. So far, it has been a fantastic car. It is powerful (252 HP), smooth riding and the seats are extremely comfortable. I originally struck out to find a used one, but it was so difficult, I bought a leftover 2003 new. People come up to me at stoplights to ask what it is and say how much they like it (sometimes one person a day) when the top is down! If you have the $, it is either this, or I would check out the new Saab (was not out when I got mine).

A great car that is fun to drive!
By xyzzyx on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I have always owned mid priced - full sized convertibles (Cutlass / Toyota Solara / etc) and this has been the nicest, fun to drive, stylish car I driven. Good power (with the HT version) and comfortable. The power top and automatic boot is wonderful (ever been caught right before a downpour ?) One touch and your back on the road. Add the six disc CD player and power antenna switch (both simple to install by yourself) and this car is ready to have fun.

great all around convertible!
By alex millman on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

2004 hpt auto. very comfortable front seats for tall and big poeple. great engine and transmission. love all the safety features. sound system rocks. last but far from least, classic timeless lines and appearance. stunning looks!!

I do like this car!
By zouyi on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I do like this car!

Best All-Court Player
By Jlinwood on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

An all-court player, the C70 combines luxury, performance, and comfort in a stylish package that's fun to drive. While there are a lot of good-looking cars on the road these days, it still turns heads and we can still tool around town with tall friends in the back seat. You'll feel a lot of confidence on the on-ramps, and maintenance has been oil and gas.

I love my C70!
By Deshkat on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The C70 is the best of all worlds. Fun to drive, full of safety features, reliability and great performance. The optional wind screen lets me enjoy the fresh air and sunshine, and my hair doesn't even get messed up! The C70 has great acceleration and provides a smooth ride. I love this car!

C70 HPT 10/10
By Frank Majeau on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Perfect car. Love it. FM