2002 Volvo C70 Coupe Consumer Reviews

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

HT 2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )
Life Saver
By Byron on 07/03/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Engine was sound and performed exceptional, however she was put down in June of 2008. I my wife & two kids traveled the 405 south bound in the carpool lane. A diesel trucks tire traveling north bound became dislodged (rim included). Now airborne crossed several lanes headed for opposing traffic with exact aim at my windshield. Not being able to move left or right I pushed the accelerator praying the tire would miss the car. No luck! Striking the roof of the car and crashing into the cabin before bouncing off. Insurance company declared the car a total loss. My wife, two kids, and I walked away without a scratch. With superb safety/build qualities 4 souls were saved by Volvo

A True Sleeper...
By Dan on 04/16/05 08:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

After lusting for this car since it came out in 1998, I finally bought one. After owning (2) BMW 3-series cars including an M-3 I have to say that the Volvo is far more car for the money (especially when buying used). The exterior design is as sexy as it gets, the interior is roomy, and the dash is elegant and easy to use from the get go. The seats get no better, and the Turbo is like Jet propulsion. For driving in the "Real world" this rare vehicle is a great pick without question.

Love on four wheels
By Captain America on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

My experience with my baby is one of joy and jubilation! Driving her is so mcuh fun and she is so unique (You don't see that many black coupe's) I love her and am going to keep her for quite some time...

"La Negrita"
By Gilgamesh on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Volvo (the S40 2000 was my first) and I love this black beauty! I enjoy the tight handling and the superior excelation (a little turbo- lag would have prefered a super- charger). The looks and comments I get on her are amazing. Everytime I go into Manhattan and park her the attendants always ask how she drives and that it is the best looking coupe on the planet. Needless to say it's a "chick-magnet" and that's a good thing! My sound system is the high end version and I've added XM Satelite Radion to the mix!

C70...Thumbs up!
By C70...I like! on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall the best car for the money. I thought Volvo's were boring until I drove this car. The seats and driving comfort are so nice especially compared to the BMW 3-Series...firm yet soft. I find the controls on the BMW small but the C70 is very straight forward. The only down side to this car is the lack of shifting ability for the automatic compared to others but do yourself a favor leave it 3- gear on some back roads and let the turbo rev like it should! I must mention that the torque-pull is strong if you have a heavy foot...that's ok I'll take the power.

Awesome Ride!!
By RDog on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I could not be happier with this car. I was deciding between a BMW 3 series coupe and the C70. I was drawn to the C70 primarily because of its looks. Although the BMW is more of a performance car, they are far too common, too commercialized. The C70 coupe is a relatively rare siting. It is definitely a head turner. I get compliments and questions about it all the time. Drives, handles well. Plus, I feel safe. 6 air bags!

this is what I call car!!!!
By David Nagler on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is so fun to drive you will never want stop.The sound system is incredible, the engine is incredible, and the handling is incredible.The car is incredible!!!!!

Bought it only for its looks!
By PittPanther on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is pure eye candy and we have had lots of people comment how beautiful and elegant the coupe is. The is more room for tall people than in any other luxury coupe. However, given the still somewhat steep price tag the car offers suprisingly little features and doesn't ride and handle as well as many cheaper cars. The power seats are a mere joke, the stereo in the center console an after-thought and I would advise anyone not to use the cup holders while driving - spillage guaranteed. The T5 engine is so-so at low speeds and only comes alive when revved real hard. Parking the car is a chore in tight spaces. Bottom line: buy it for its looks.

Nice desi -shame about the annoying bits
By paul lane on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Not all together happy with it. See below! Great looking car, but badly designed the cup holders are a joke - easy to knock a cup out ofthem and in the drivers way.

what a coupe !!!!!!!!!!
By dchase on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Coupe HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I just bought my C70 in January (about 4 months ago). I am an avid coupe driver, having owned BMW, Mercedes, and Jaguar, all in coupe variants. The C70 is a power house. 236 hp, awesome brakes, tight steering, and a killer sound system to boot! I traveled a little out of the way to get the car from Volvo of Fort Washington, one of the best dealerships I have ever experienced, and a very compassionate and fair sales person named Dory Chaefsky. This car is amazing, and definitely worth looking into !!!!!!!!