2002 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
It's a lemon
By maminc70 on 12/29/11 00:04 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2002 C70 used in 2009. It ran great for about 6 months & then had a host of problems that caused multiple trips to the shop, including one that lasted 3 months. The car doesn't always start. Turning the key over and trying again sometimes works, but Volvo told me that trick as they can't fix it. The transmission slips & it has gotten progressively worse to the point that the car is only reliable for trips under 15 min. Volvo can't diagnose that problem either & suggested changing the trans, but will not guarantee that it's the fix. The rear windshield has dropped & is suspended by the headliner. I need an auto upholstery shop to stitch it back in as the glue won't hold.

nice looking but unreliable
By Ellen San Diego on 03/05/05 15:19 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car was good the first two years, but then things started going wrong and wrong and wrong. Dealer could not fix recurring problem with starting. Needed to always carry all three keys because you never knew which one would start it. Funny smell that dealer could never locate. It is my fourth and last Volvo.

sorry i bought it
By kpb on 02/12/05 15:45 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I was swayed by the looks when I bought this car. It has been in the show more than a dozen times in one year. The windows rattle, the top flaps in the wind, the turning radius is almost unsafe, and twice my brakes have malfunctioned and needed major repair - with only 25K mileage. Good looking is the only good thing I can say about his car.

Who'd a thought a Volvo
By Raymond Wylie on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I told my wife to look for her dream convertible, thinking she would go for a BMW. I was out of town and she called and said she found a beautiful white C70. This is the most beautiful car, in my opinion, on the market. I can't say enough about the comfort, handling, power and top down fun. Just a few bugs. Battery went completely dead while in the garage after a few months. The radio/CD failed and had to be replaced. The tires are low profile- high performance and tend to start cupping. Rotate often and have an alignment performed often. Service is first class. Never had a problem.

Excellent car
By Linda Nyberg on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

runs great looks great feels great female harley

On my second
By Randy Miller on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my second C70 Conv. in 3 years. I almost bought a 5-series BMW, however, I still wanted something a little different. They don't make many C70 convertibles; and I still love getting thumbs-up as I drive around or the validating compliments from would be buyers. The performance will not dazzle you, however, the car is just so damn fun to drive. The build quality is exceptional and comfort is beyond comparison when matched-up to its competition.

Gotta be different
By Travisy on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

One thing that drew me to the C70 is that there aren't a lot of them out there. Seems like you see BMWs everywhere but you sure don't see many C70s. I have only had mine about a month now and really enjoy it. I live it in Italy and trust me it will do more than the governed 130mph. I can cruise at 100mph with no problems and very smooth on the highway. It also fun running through the Italian Alps. I sure feel I got my money's worth.