The Man & His Machine (update)
By jmybowen on
2001 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)
I'm the guy who reviewed his "Red HP-turbo coupe" almost four years ago; this is an update. I hit a deer with it three years ago and it's a tank! Very safe! Now the cost of ownership: Well, I now have 160k+. I think the transmission is starting to slip. I drive 20k per year; that's about 1k every three months for service,the 17in Mich. A/S tires run about $1,300 every 60K, premium fuel is a must! Don't let anyone else convince you otherwise [160k-remember?]. If you're planning to buy one of these used-& No you can"t have mine!-keep in mind that these things cost you. It's been eight years now. I love it! But my next primary car will be something less expensive & more practical.
Favorite Features
Heated seats/mirrors, HP turbo engine, still the "Passion Red" exterior w/ beige leather interior, pwr: seats, sunroof, and windows, the "BBS" factory "Honeycomb" rims, & the interior controls
Suggested Improvements
Bring back this C70 hardtop body-style, Run-flat A/S tires, an after-market/ factory 300 horse-power "R" upgrade engine option, a rubber cargo mat for the trunk.