2001 Volvo C70 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
My Fun Car
By Errigal on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was my first fun car and convertible and I have no regrets!!! This is truly a classy, elegant, sexy and sporty vehicle that also provides Volvo safety and practicality. My job involves regional travel and this baby has been a blast to drive with the top down. I am not the best driver of mountain roads but with this car I am confident. It just whips around those mountain curves and hugs the road while the wind whips through your hair and the music plays on one of the best sound systems. If you are shy and don't want to be noticed wherever you go, don't buy this car....otherwise, go for it!!!!

a great first convertible
By tonyo on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The only problem that should be looked into by volvo is the decision to put Pirelli tires on the vehicle. They were defective from day one and nobody did anything to help. At 1 year, I replaced all 4 tires. They rode hard and wore out fast. Other than that, this car is a keeper.

Volvo C 70, Fun Car to Own.
By victor zammit on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Negatives: Takes time to warm up. The automatic shift is sluggish from first to second gear if not warmed up properly. Ride is a little too stiff. Feel every crack in the road to a point that steering wheel vibrates.

Wouldn't buy another
By Get A Bimmer on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car instead of the BMW 3 series convertible and lived to regret it. I would never recommend a Volvo after the problems I had with the car. Additionally, the dealer lied on several points, and Volvo corporate did everything they could to avoid taking responsibility for their car with all it's problems.

Fun in the Sun with the C70
By MES on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun to drive; no major problems; did have problems with the two front side windows, Volvo provided a replacement kit but they are the one weak spot. The trunk is very small but will hold two sets of golf clubs in average bags (no Pro bags). It does accelerate very well. I replaced the factory tires with Bridgestones and the handling is much better.

Fine, but needs fine-tune
By J. Nodding on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a fine car to see and to drive. It feels very safe and steady on the road, and gets attention. There are some minor, but frustrating things, however, that need change. 1. make the driver's side sunshade movable to protect against side sun; 2. change the stupid gas cap system that triggers a "check engine" symbol when it is not screwed on just right - there is no notice of this in the manual; 3. fix the front seats to move forward more quickly to get access to the back. Otherwise, it is a great car and the most comfortable we have ever had. JN

Worth the wait and effort
By rickG on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I looked long and hard for this car. It took over 3 months of searching to find a 5 speed in the HPT. It was well worth the wait. Handling is phenomenal. A joy to drive on a winding country road. The pick up is great. First gear to about 15 mph. Shift into second, hit the gas and the turbo kicks in to push you back in your seat. Even at highway speeds there is plenty of power left for a quick acceleration to pass or avoid another car or just for the fun of it. The C70 is traditional Volvo quality and sturdiness. Even with hard driving I am able to mainatian gas mileage of 20.7 MPG. My recommendation is go out and get one now.

The car I want to love
By samp on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

What a gorgeous car! The largest and most comfortable interior of all. Unfortunately it is in the shop about every 4-6 weeks. From doors that pop open while driving, interior parts coming unstitched/falling off, seats that don't work, cheap interior materials, check engine light that malfunctions - the list goes on. Volvo and my dealer have been very helpful and accommodating in repairing the vehicle, plus always suppling a loaner car. Every time I get excited about the car,it needs repairs. This is the most expensive car I have ever purchased and the only one that has ever gone into the shop for warranty repairs. I don't know how much longer this beautiful automobile will grace my garage.

Made Me Crazy!
By Shannan on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was the most annoying car I have EVER driven. It would NOT stay on the road (and I got it virtually new). It was downright dangerous. With the top down you could not have a conversation with a companion. It was incredibly loud. The cup holders are the flimsiest things. This sounds petty, but after you have spilled a few drinks while cornering it ceases to be trivial. The top is stunningly slow to put up and down and can be cranky. Aside from all this... it is hard to make the carefree feeling of convertible driving mesh with the ultra conservative reputation of a Volvo. There is a reason they do not make them in 2002. Good decision.

Incredible car.
By SoCal on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am not a big fan of front wheel drive cars, however the looks and quality of this car attracted me. I have fallen in love with this car! Show me a four passenger convertible that looks this good and built this nice for this price. If it was rear wheel drive it would be perfect.