2001 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
Sexy just like me!
By Sweet Sexy Ride on 06/09/10 13:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I Absolutely love this car! My honey purchased for me. He loves me! I always loved Volvo for safety but when I saw her I fell in love. This car has saved my life and is so dependable! It has the best "get out of the way" I have ever seen! Tractor coming down the road something extended on my side of the road, I couldn't see it until the last second. Cut the wheel at 70 and back. Never Lost Control! I'm still here kids too! Yes a bit rough at times. So what! This is the Only issue I will gladly live with! The top is almost always down. And I can park without worrying about theft. Misplaced the keys once. Could not open the car even by reaching in and hitting the locks. It totally shut down. WOW!

Dream Car was a LEMON!
By pmm on 12/07/06 06:33 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was my dream car (not). I had it 19 mo. that's all I could take. In the shop 15x's all minor but come on. I had all the issues prev. stated plus a cracked dash that I was told is common in a Volvo (should have been told before I bought) would cost $2300 to fix. The constant rattle noise was so unnerving that I could not relax & drive. Also my SRS light came on 4x in the shop for each till they replaced the air bag.It was a huge sacrifice to buy this so called dream car that leaked from the window seals so bad that my carpet had to be pulled out and the pad replaced. two weeks before I got rid of it I had an oil leak and thermostat go out. I babied this car there is no excuse for such a rip-off

Disappointing Beauty
By GregA on 02/14/06 22:01 PM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a beautiful automobile that will turn heads and is fun to ride around with the top down. However if it was not a convt. I would still not own it. I bought it used and got a great deal but if I bought off the lot at $43,000 list I would be very upset. I have had lots of small problems, cd player broken, leaks at window seals, bad wind noise with windows up, cowl shake, small engine issues, and the lights blow constantly. I am shocked to have these issues with a high priced Volvo. I would have gotten rid of this car by now if it was no for the fact that it is fun with the top down and you can actually get adults comfortably in the back.

Good looking Lemon
By alltaurus on 04/22/05 09:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Horrible suspension causes breaks and leaks. No turn radius. Its a beautiful car that is fun to ride, but too many trips to the dealership for a high priced luxury vehicle.

Where's the fun
By rc jim on 03/20/05 22:46 PM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought the volvo for fun. The honeymoon wore off real quick. This has to be the noiseiest car i have ever ridden in. I have the same issues as other reviewers, bad cup holders, can't see out the back window, non moving sun shade, gas cap light (check engine). Enough bad it is a great looking car and the lifting and lowering of the top turns heads.

Stylish Annoyance
By sixtto on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Fun to drive when the top is down. Otherwise back seat is useless and annoying to put anything in due to annoyingly slow motorized seats. Visibility out rear view mirror with top up is annoyingly non-existent. Mechanical problems have been annoying but fixed at no charge --recurring front end turning issue that goes away briefly only to annoyingly return. OPening window or door in rain gets car wet.

My Fun Car
By Errigal on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was my first fun car and convertible and I have no regrets!!! This is truly a classy, elegant, sexy and sporty vehicle that also provides Volvo safety and practicality. My job involves regional travel and this baby has been a blast to drive with the top down. I am not the best driver of mountain roads but with this car I am confident. It just whips around those mountain curves and hugs the road while the wind whips through your hair and the music plays on one of the best sound systems. If you are shy and don't want to be noticed wherever you go, don't buy this car....otherwise, go for it!!!!

Fine, but needs fine-tune
By J. Nodding on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a fine car to see and to drive. It feels very safe and steady on the road, and gets attention. There are some minor, but frustrating things, however, that need change. 1. make the driver's side sunshade movable to protect against side sun; 2. change the stupid gas cap system that triggers a "check engine" symbol when it is not screwed on just right - there is no notice of this in the manual; 3. fix the front seats to move forward more quickly to get access to the back. Otherwise, it is a great car and the most comfortable we have ever had. JN

Made Me Crazy!
By Shannan on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was the most annoying car I have EVER driven. It would NOT stay on the road (and I got it virtually new). It was downright dangerous. With the top down you could not have a conversation with a companion. It was incredibly loud. The cup holders are the flimsiest things. This sounds petty, but after you have spilled a few drinks while cornering it ceases to be trivial. The top is stunningly slow to put up and down and can be cranky. Aside from all this... it is hard to make the carefree feeling of convertible driving mesh with the ultra conservative reputation of a Volvo. There is a reason they do not make them in 2002. Good decision.

Incredible car.
By SoCal on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am not a big fan of front wheel drive cars, however the looks and quality of this car attracted me. I have fallen in love with this car! Show me a four passenger convertible that looks this good and built this nice for this price. If it was rear wheel drive it would be perfect.