Used 2001 Volvo C70 LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C70 model:

Sexy just like me!
By Sweet Sexy Ride

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I Absolutely love this car! My honey purchased for me. He loves me! I always loved Volvo for safety but when I saw her I fell in love. This car has saved my life and is so dependable! It has the best "get out of the way" I have ever seen! Tractor coming down the road something extended on my side of the road, I couldn't see it until the last second. Cut the wheel at 70 and back. Never Lost Control! I'm still here kids too! Yes a bit rough at times. So what! This is the Only issue I will gladly live with! The top is almost always down. And I can park without worrying about theft. Misplaced the keys once. Could not open the car even by reaching in and hitting the locks. It totally shut down. WOW!

Favorite Features

Super safe. Handles well in crisis situations. Of course the convertible top. And the sound system is super. Played Freebird and felt the vibes on my seat! Ooh Aah! And what a pretty car she is! Red with tan top/tan leather interior. Yup, my hunny luvs me! The back seats are great for my boys!

Suggested Improvements

Like the other reviews. The cup holder really should be in the dash. Not the console. It is a bit flimsy but I never saw one that isn't. Rides rough sometimes, even on the smooth roads. Gas mileage so-so. But it is a heavy car. I think I am biased. :) I drive it a lot!

Dream Car was a LEMON!
By pmm

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was my dream car (not). I had it 19 mo. that's all I could take. In the shop 15x's all minor but come on. I had all the issues prev. stated plus a cracked dash that I was told is common in a Volvo (should have been told before I bought) would cost $2300 to fix. The constant rattle noise was so unnerving that I could not relax & drive. Also my SRS light came on 4x in the shop for each till they replaced the air bag.It was a huge sacrifice to buy this so called dream car that leaked from the window seals so bad that my carpet had to be pulled out and the pad replaced. two weeks before I got rid of it I had an oil leak and thermostat go out. I babied this car there is no excuse for such a rip-off

Favorite Features

Powerful engine. beautiful appearance.back seat for kids. before dash cracked highway drive was awesome do not buy if you drive in a city like New Orleans. Great sound system.Love the fully auto conv. top no getting out to secure it.

Suggested Improvements

needs to be drivable everywhere not just smooth highway. Dash should not crack.needs better cup holders and should be in back also. seals for windows should not chronically leak.fix poor visibility through rear and huge blind spots

Disappointing Beauty
By GregA

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a beautiful automobile that will turn heads and is fun to ride around with the top down. However if it was not a convt. I would still not own it. I bought it used and got a great deal but if I bought off the lot at $43,000 list I would be very upset. I have had lots of small problems, cd player broken, leaks at window seals, bad wind noise with windows up, cowl shake, small engine issues, and the lights blow constantly. I am shocked to have these issues with a high priced Volvo. I would have gotten rid of this car by now if it was no for the fact that it is fun with the top down and you can actually get adults comfortably in the back.

Favorite Features

Style, comfortable in the back, high quality materials on the inside, premium stereo, top down driving

Suggested Improvements

better cup holders, better reliablity, light under hood (ridiculous for a car this expensive), sun visors that move to side window, bigger storage bin in console,

Good looking Lemon
By alltaurus

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Horrible suspension causes breaks and leaks. No turn radius. Its a beautiful car that is fun to ride, but too many trips to the dealership for a high priced luxury vehicle.

Favorite Features

It's unique and beautiful

Suggested Improvements

Suspension

Where's the fun
By rc jim

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought the volvo for fun. The honeymoon wore off real quick. This has to be the noiseiest car i have ever ridden in. I have the same issues as other reviewers, bad cup holders, can't see out the back window, non moving sun shade, gas cap light (check engine). Enough bad it is a great looking car and the lifting and lowering of the top turns heads.

Favorite Features

Great looks, performance.

Suggested Improvements

Train your dealers about customer service. Quiet the interior.