2001 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
Sexy just like me!
By Sweet Sexy Ride on 06/09/10 13:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I Absolutely love this car! My honey purchased for me. He loves me! I always loved Volvo for safety but when I saw her I fell in love. This car has saved my life and is so dependable! It has the best "get out of the way" I have ever seen! Tractor coming down the road something extended on my side of the road, I couldn't see it until the last second. Cut the wheel at 70 and back. Never Lost Control! I'm still here kids too! Yes a bit rough at times. So what! This is the Only issue I will gladly live with! The top is almost always down. And I can park without worrying about theft. Misplaced the keys once. Could not open the car even by reaching in and hitting the locks. It totally shut down. WOW!

Unreliable - Never again
By Va on 12/01/08 09:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the most unreliable auto I have ever owned in over 30 years. Interior switches and plastic parts fail or fall apart, electronics fail, wind noise is pronounced, the power steering has leaked, the electreonic key will not hold a code - countless trips to the dealer, bulbs constantly burn out, the upholstery peels. Nice looking but pure, unmitigated junk.

The Man & His Machine (update)
By jmybowen on 10/28/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm the guy who reviewed his "Red HP-turbo coupe" almost four years ago; this is an update. I hit a deer with it three years ago and it's a tank! Very safe! Now the cost of ownership: Well, I now have 160k+. I think the transmission is starting to slip. I drive 20k per year; that's about 1k every three months for service,the 17in Mich. A/S tires run about $1,300 every 60K, premium fuel is a must! Don't let anyone else convince you otherwise [160k-remember?]. If you're planning to buy one of these used-& No you can"t have mine!-keep in mind that these things cost you. It's been eight years now. I love it! But my next primary car will be something less expensive & more practical.

Beautiful but shaky car
By Todd on 07/16/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The C70 is a classically beautiful long hood/short deck design that looks great top up or down. The back seat room and rear visibility is very good for a convertible. This is my 3rd different 4-seat convertible, and the Volvo easily tops the others in that area. On the down side, repairs have been more frequent than I had expected given Volvo's reputation, and much more expensive than I'd like. The cowl shake and suspension crashing over railroads and potholes is frighteningly bad. But when the sun is out, the top is down, and the road is smooth, the C70 is a great joy to drive. It's no sports car, but a grand touring vehicle of the first rank.

C70
By 2001-C70 on 04/26/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Coupe (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my C70 used with about 50K miles on it about 5 years ago. I love the way it looks, and love the way it drives even better. It is surprisingly quick for a Volvo. I had to replace the throttle body twice, but Volvo has covered it as a recall item, so it was on their nickel. I have had it in the shop for only one other significant issue. The mass airflow sensor went out while I was on a road trip and rendered the car not driveable, which was not at all convenient, but at least an easy fix. Overall, the reilability has been great. It definitely has been a great car for me.

convertible volvo
By myorchd on 01/11/07 06:17 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

it's a very fun car to drive with lots of options. it is very reliable and comfortable car as well.

Dream Car was a LEMON!
By pmm on 12/07/06 06:33 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was my dream car (not). I had it 19 mo. that's all I could take. In the shop 15x's all minor but come on. I had all the issues prev. stated plus a cracked dash that I was told is common in a Volvo (should have been told before I bought) would cost $2300 to fix. The constant rattle noise was so unnerving that I could not relax & drive. Also my SRS light came on 4x in the shop for each till they replaced the air bag.It was a huge sacrifice to buy this so called dream car that leaked from the window seals so bad that my carpet had to be pulled out and the pad replaced. two weeks before I got rid of it I had an oil leak and thermostat go out. I babied this car there is no excuse for such a rip-off

not up to par
By ttkober on 06/20/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car was not meant to be driven on a regular basis. Every interior piece made of plastic that's almost the whole interior has fallen off or craked off since purchased. including drivers mirrors. shade visors dashboard lower panels , door moldings . In addition the transmission has has to be adjusted on a regular basis. the wheels are in constant need of refubishing to to being to thin to deal with winter pot holes in NY , finally threw them away and got sturdire stell wheels and hub caps not pretty but saves on blown tires. about 8 in three years at 65 per tire . I may keep the car as a subday toy for the kids but will probably go back to the Cadillac that I previosly had. Oh the AC CD pl

Disappointing Beauty
By GregA on 02/14/06 22:01 PM (PST)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a beautiful automobile that will turn heads and is fun to ride around with the top down. However if it was not a convt. I would still not own it. I bought it used and got a great deal but if I bought off the lot at $43,000 list I would be very upset. I have had lots of small problems, cd player broken, leaks at window seals, bad wind noise with windows up, cowl shake, small engine issues, and the lights blow constantly. I am shocked to have these issues with a high priced Volvo. I would have gotten rid of this car by now if it was no for the fact that it is fun with the top down and you can actually get adults comfortably in the back.

Good looking Lemon
By alltaurus on 04/22/05 09:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Horrible suspension causes breaks and leaks. No turn radius. Its a beautiful car that is fun to ride, but too many trips to the dealership for a high priced luxury vehicle.