2000 Volvo C70 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
Unique but poor design!
By dezitrondeluxe on 03/01/11 01:35 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car it was already 5 years old and over 90,000 miles and now it is up to 130,000. I have taken such good care of this car yet I always have to take it to the shop for major problems. It has had electrical problems from day one, the throttle is going out and so is the transmission. There was a recall on the electronic throttle in 06' I was never aware of. From what I have read online this car was just a bad design because everyone else I know with other Volvo models have not had nearly as many problems as I have with the c70. I admit I love its aesthetics because it is so sleek and rare but I spent over eight grand fixing it. Not worth it!

Falls Apart
By Burned by Volvo on 08/05/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Like others here, my door panels fall off ($1000 each) switches fail, sunroof constantly comes loose from the frame, the leather seats have peeled and the cqar is a basic nightmare. The throttle body has also failed, steering arm...the list goes on and on despite taking great care of this lemon. Volvo has been no help what so ever despite agreeing that ALL of these are known problems with this disaster.

Interior Falls Apart
By GlueGun Ready on 02/07/06 10:44 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Solid and fun to drive but the interior of this car is literally falling apart. Both door panels have needed to be replaced (at a mere $1000 per door) electrical switches stick, work when they want to, or fall apart. The leather is peeling on the drivers seat and the sunroof assembly constantly needs to be reglued as the glass seperates from the metal. I've never had a car do this and the darn thing is well taken care of. Amazing for a car with only 25,000 miles - and the dealer just shrugs....

Interior Falls Apart
By Glue Guy on 01/31/06 15:32 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive and safe, but mine is literally falling apart. Both door panels have fallen off and needed to be replaced at the price of 1000 per door, switches fail, the sunroof constantly has the glass peel away from the assembly, switches fail, the leather is peeling, switches fail. The car is tremendously well taken care of but the electronics and interior cabin build quality are horrendous.

Unique class, sporty & affordable.
By Imamechanic on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

I thought I would buy a wagon but fell in love with the C70. Outstanding value as a used car, and sheer silky pleasure to drive anytime, anywhere. It does everything well and has the Volvo safety and reliability to back it up. Note: I had a small problem with the electronic throttle, but the dealer has been unbelieveably fast and great to deal with - even for warranty work. Putnam Volvo, Burlingame CA. Ask for Raphael.

HOT & UNIQUE!
By J Jay on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Tired of seeing yourself in every driveway and on every highway? Want a car that's luxurious and hot at the same time? Well, this is it!! Had the car for 3 years and it's been GREAT! A much better value vs the CLK, which was $10k more at the time I bought the C70. Volvo blew it when they stopped making the coupe, but I guess that will make it even more unique and desirable in years to come!

Another Happy Customer
By Marjorie on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

I extremely pleased with my 2000 Volvo C70! It has been extremely reliable, and fun to drive. It still gets many compliments even though this model has been on the road now 4 years or so. I have approx 49,000 miles on the odometer and I am the only owner. It has been in the heat of the desert and in the snow with chains! I still have 50% wear left with my original brakes! Super comfortable on some of my long road trips also! Hope that helps........

I like it
By wansomathis on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

I've had a long run of bad experiences with used cars, but this one has been a dream so far. Everything works smoothly and reliably, and it's always a pleasure to drive. Excellent handling and styling. The only minus is less than great reverse vision due to the high trunk line. Also, why o why didn't they make tha back seats fold down like everyone else?!

C70 i can belive how bad the quality is.
By Saint on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

I loved the first minute i saw this car. So i got it, and its the worst thing it ever happend. I visit the Volvo service every month. 3x for gas cap. 2x driver side window getting stuck on a cold rainy day. Grage door opener stoped working. Seet gets stock. head lights whiper brok off. Other then that i guess its ok. I just cant belive it is built so poorly. And they charge $500.00 just for a tunup. Verry hard to find parts.