Used 2000 Volvo C70 LT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C70 model:

Unique but poor design!
By dezitrondeluxe

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car it was already 5 years old and over 90,000 miles and now it is up to 130,000. I have taken such good care of this car yet I always have to take it to the shop for major problems. It has had electrical problems from day one, the throttle is going out and so is the transmission. There was a recall on the electronic throttle in 06' I was never aware of. From what I have read online this car was just a bad design because everyone else I know with other Volvo models have not had nearly as many problems as I have with the c70. I admit I love its aesthetics because it is so sleek and rare but I spent over eight grand fixing it. Not worth it!

Falls Apart
By Burned by Volvo

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Like others here, my door panels fall off ($1000 each) switches fail, sunroof constantly comes loose from the frame, the leather seats have peeled and the cqar is a basic nightmare. The throttle body has also failed, steering arm...the list goes on and on despite taking great care of this lemon. Volvo has been no help what so ever despite agreeing that ALL of these are known problems with this disaster.

Appearance

Implement a quality control program

Interior Falls Apart
By GlueGun Ready

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Solid and fun to drive but the interior of this car is literally falling apart. Both door panels have needed to be replaced (at a mere $1000 per door) electrical switches stick, work when they want to, or fall apart. The leather is peeling on the drivers seat and the sunroof assembly constantly needs to be reglued as the glass seperates from the metal. I've never had a car do this and the darn thing is well taken care of. Amazing for a car with only 25,000 miles - and the dealer just shrugs....

Interior Falls Apart
By Glue Guy

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive and safe, but mine is literally falling apart. Both door panels have fallen off and needed to be replaced at the price of 1000 per door, switches fail, the sunroof constantly has the glass peel away from the assembly, switches fail, the leather is peeling, switches fail. The car is tremendously well taken care of but the electronics and interior cabin build quality are horrendous.

The drivability

Massive quality review for interior construction procedures and redo the entire electronics

Unique class, sporty & affordable.
By Imamechanic

2000 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

I thought I would buy a wagon but fell in love with the C70. Outstanding value as a used car, and sheer silky pleasure to drive anytime, anywhere. It does everything well and has the Volvo safety and reliability to back it up. Note: I had a small problem with the electronic throttle, but the dealer has been unbelieveably fast and great to deal with - even for warranty work. Putnam Volvo, Burlingame CA. Ask for Raphael.

Shape, quiet interior, silky-smooth engine transmission and suspension, seats, rear seat legroom, ergonomics...

Fold-down rear seats, better rear visibility, better entry/exit for rear seats, turning radius - volvos used to be much better!