2000 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
Dont ever buy a volvo!!!!
By jennyd9 on 09/30/11 20:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

The worst car I have ever bought! the door panels came off a week after I bought it, the door locks stopped working and I had to buy new ones and those still didnt fix the problem, the rear window caved in for a second time, every single light on the dash has indicated something wrong with the car, the transmission is giving out and now the check engine light is on and there is a rocking motion that wont go away. VERY hard to turn, almost like I am driving a bus, and the rocking motion is just like that of a yellow bus starting to move. When I go for a short distance on city streets it starts smoking. This car is so scary to drive and very frustrating. Never again will I ever buy a volvo.

Unique but poor design!
By dezitrondeluxe on 03/01/11 01:35 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Coupe

When I bought this car it was already 5 years old and over 90,000 miles and now it is up to 130,000. I have taken such good care of this car yet I always have to take it to the shop for major problems. It has had electrical problems from day one, the throttle is going out and so is the transmission. There was a recall on the electronic throttle in 06' I was never aware of. From what I have read online this car was just a bad design because everyone else I know with other Volvo models have not had nearly as many problems as I have with the c70. I admit I love its aesthetics because it is so sleek and rare but I spent over eight grand fixing it. Not worth it!

Falls Apart
By Burned by Volvo on 08/05/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Coupe

Like others here, my door panels fall off ($1000 each) switches fail, sunroof constantly comes loose from the frame, the leather seats have peeled and the cqar is a basic nightmare. The throttle body has also failed, steering arm...the list goes on and on despite taking great care of this lemon. Volvo has been no help what so ever despite agreeing that ALL of these are known problems with this disaster.

Buyer Beware!
By Big Dummy on 11/21/08 15:23 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

Nice looking car. That is where it ends. A full array of electrical problems, transmission issues. The dashboard looks like a x-mas tree from day 1. Absolutely a horrible vehicle,. Looks nice, but I went with a BMW this time. A 40,000 hunk of electrical nightmares.

I LOVE it!!!
By lovemyvolvo on 12/18/07 17:07 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought this car after my jeep died. It is a 2000 with 65000 miles on it. I couldn't be happier. Of course repairs on the car can be a bit pricy but I've had few problems. The only issue I have had is with the top chime sensor. It kept going off while driving. Apparently one of the wires was pinching causing the malfunction. I am taking the car in this week to have this issue addressed. Hopefully it won't cost too terribly much.

Interior Falls Apart
By GlueGun Ready on 02/07/06 10:44 AM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Coupe

Solid and fun to drive but the interior of this car is literally falling apart. Both door panels have needed to be replaced (at a mere $1000 per door) electrical switches stick, work when they want to, or fall apart. The leather is peeling on the drivers seat and the sunroof assembly constantly needs to be reglued as the glass seperates from the metal. I've never had a car do this and the darn thing is well taken care of. Amazing for a car with only 25,000 miles - and the dealer just shrugs....

Interior Falls Apart
By Glue Guy on 01/31/06 15:32 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive and safe, but mine is literally falling apart. Both door panels have fallen off and needed to be replaced at the price of 1000 per door, switches fail, the sunroof constantly has the glass peel away from the assembly, switches fail, the leather is peeling, switches fail. The car is tremendously well taken care of but the electronics and interior cabin build quality are horrendous.

Excellent Quality and Value
By bruneje on 05/01/05 23:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Volvo C70 HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I have had this car now for 4 summers, I still have not found a car better styled and as much of a looker car. It does get looks and compliments. So far the only real problem I have had is with the driver window operator. The car is incredibly reliable and I would highly recommend

Over 100,000 Miles
By C70 Lover on 12/05/04 13:16 PM (PST)

2000 Volvo C70 HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 2002 with 24000 miles. At the end of 2004 I have 120,000 miles. The only problem I have had with this car is the the electronic throttle has gone bad twice. Other than that I still love this car. I dont really have any complaints other than the electronic throttle.

Awesome car
By tiberite on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volvo C70 HT Turbo 2dr Convertible

Never had a material issue with the car and I drive it hard. Awesome performance. Full feature set at $10,000 less than the expensive add-on approach of BMW or Mercedes.