1999 Volvo C70 Consumer Review: it was love at first sight, bu

1999 Volvo C70 - Consumer Review

it was love at first sight, but...
By broken hearted on

1999 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

It was love at first sight, but I had to wait until I could afford this car by buying a used one. I thought I had done a good job of checking out the condition before buying, but every time I turn around I encounter some major repair expense and I feel that the car is not reliable enough to take on any trip outside a reasonable towing distance from home. I take very good care of my cars and I don't consider tires, brakes, usual or recommended service requirements to be something that I would complain about. Within a month of owning the car, the problems began. Expensive problems due to poor quality parts, a schizophrenic electronic throttle system, and now a cannibalistic canvas top system

Favorite Features

The Dolby Pro Logic sound system is incredible. The car feels solid and tight to drive, but definitely not agile; it's not a sports car. I love the overall 'style' of the car, and only recently have I noticed that both Mercedes and BMW have come out with 4 seater convertibles with comprable style.

Suggested Improvements

Volvo needs to pay attention to the quality of it's accessory components..things like door locks. The throttle system is unreliable due to the change from a linkage system to a computer chip that doesn't appear to be reliable. The glass window in a canvas cover has a poor design and doesn't last.