Used 1999 Volvo C70 LT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C70 model:

1999 C70 LT Coupe, Overall a Good Car
By Tareq Shahwan

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used with about 30,000 miles. I've owened now for 6+ years, very little problems. I had an issue with the turbo (was leaking and had it repaired for about $150). Other than that, it has been a pretty good car. The only issue with this model (and the dealers I've visited agreed with me on) is the ABD braking system. It is flaky and kicks in during normal braking conditions. One issue I had recently was with the switching panel on the dirver door that controls the windows, the unit blew up while I was driving and I saw smoke come out inside the car. I ordered a brand new unit for about $145 (if I remember correctly) and replaced it myself. Other than that, it's been fun

Favorite Features

Handling, exterior style, and as one of the reviews mentiond this car is built like a tank, the doors are very heavy and you feel protected inside.

Suggested Improvements

ABS, gas mileage

Drive It Until 300K
By toyesq1971

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

This was our first new car. It's been an every day commuter since we bought it. We had almost zero problems for the first 100K miles. After that, only the seat motors have gone out and a few minor electrical problems. The reliability seriously rivals an Accord. Also, it's surprisingly quick for only 200 HP. Finally, it's built like a tank. Girly men need two tries to swing the doors shut. That may sound like a downside, but I hate the tinny feeling of a 3 series BMW. And, for a two-door, the back seat is amazingly roomy. A 5'10" man can sit very comfortably for a long ride.

Favorite Features

Seats; Build Quality.

Suggested Improvements

An inch more headroom in the rear seat.

Stay Away
By Mr. Cool

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Bought car new in '99 and regularly serviced car at dealer. Despite such service, transmission went out at 54,000 miles. In addition, horsepower is way too low.

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower and build quality.

A fun car to own and drive
By gregw

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

I am the second owner; bought it when it was about 1 1/2 years old. Any problems I've encountered have been minor and taken care of by the dealer under warranty. The car is a blast to drive and you can actually carry passengers in the back seat.

Favorite Features

Power top and turbo engine.

Suggested Improvements

Seatback controls could be better.