1999 Volvo C70 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C70 model:
1999 C70 LT Coupe, Overall a Good Car
By Tareq Shahwan on 10/08/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used with about 30,000 miles. I've owened now for 6+ years, very little problems. I had an issue with the turbo (was leaking and had it repaired for about $150). Other than that, it has been a pretty good car. The only issue with this model (and the dealers I've visited agreed with me on) is the ABD braking system. It is flaky and kicks in during normal braking conditions. One issue I had recently was with the switching panel on the dirver door that controls the windows, the unit blew up while I was driving and I saw smoke come out inside the car. I ordered a brand new unit for about $145 (if I remember correctly) and replaced it myself. Other than that, it's been fun

Drive It Until 300K
By toyesq1971 on 04/29/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

This was our first new car. It's been an every day commuter since we bought it. We had almost zero problems for the first 100K miles. After that, only the seat motors have gone out and a few minor electrical problems. The reliability seriously rivals an Accord. Also, it's surprisingly quick for only 200 HP. Finally, it's built like a tank. Girly men need two tries to swing the doors shut. That may sound like a downside, but I hate the tinny feeling of a 3 series BMW. And, for a two-door, the back seat is amazingly roomy. A 5'10" man can sit very comfortably for a long ride.

Don't waste your money!
By bob on 05/07/07 15:42 PM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I married into this car. Wife explained she liked the style, the seats are very comfortable, and she got a good deal on it. I agree with her, however, this car has been to the shop way too much. Things like, light switch, power seats, strut mounts, sunvisors, abs system, oil leak. I can't even list them all. Allow me to sum it up: I think Volvo engineered a good car but assembled it with lousy parts.

Nice car, but very poorly made
By across777 on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I loved this car when I bought a 1999 certified pre-owned. But I have had a lot of trouble with it, and right now its basically falling apart. Of course, my warranty just expired and my extended warranty I bought through the dealership has turned out to be worthless. The car is making all kinds of rattling and squeeking noises, and various things have stopped working, like the power seats, even the headlights!

Gotta love it...
By tigger4mayor on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is what I had been looking for and this car (my color: desert wind metallic) turns heads all the time.

Great Car
By crisco on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

This Car has everything! From a turbocharged 236 HP engine to the safety features that you would expect from a volvo. When you floor it you had better be pointed in the direction you want to go, cause this baby goes! If you're going to but a C70, buy it used. I got mine for a little over 19K, with only 35,000 miles. The only thing you could get new for that price is a loaded Honda Civic!

Stay Away
By Mr. Cool on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Bought car new in '99 and regularly serviced car at dealer. Despite such service, transmission went out at 54,000 miles. In addition, horsepower is way too low.

A fun car to own and drive
By gregw on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

I am the second owner; bought it when it was about 1 1/2 years old. Any problems I've encountered have been minor and taken care of by the dealer under warranty. The car is a blast to drive and you can actually carry passengers in the back seat.

Fun Car
By The Biebs on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

This Car is Very Fun to Drive, is Fuel Efficient, and Has a roomy interior. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

very nice car - C70
By metesh on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

this is one awesome car, it is very fast and safe, very fun to drive to. Just needs rear wheel drive, to increase safety.