Used 1999 Volvo C70 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C70 model:

1999 C70 LT Coupe, Overall a Good Car
By Tareq Shahwan

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used with about 30,000 miles. I've owened now for 6+ years, very little problems. I had an issue with the turbo (was leaking and had it repaired for about $150). Other than that, it has been a pretty good car. The only issue with this model (and the dealers I've visited agreed with me on) is the ABD braking system. It is flaky and kicks in during normal braking conditions. One issue I had recently was with the switching panel on the dirver door that controls the windows, the unit blew up while I was driving and I saw smoke come out inside the car. I ordered a brand new unit for about $145 (if I remember correctly) and replaced it myself. Other than that, it's been fun

Handling, exterior style, and as one of the reviews mentiond this car is built like a tank, the doors are very heavy and you feel protected inside.

ABS, gas mileage

Drive It Until 300K
By toyesq1971

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe LT 2dr Coupe

This was our first new car. It's been an every day commuter since we bought it. We had almost zero problems for the first 100K miles. After that, only the seat motors have gone out and a few minor electrical problems. The reliability seriously rivals an Accord. Also, it's surprisingly quick for only 200 HP. Finally, it's built like a tank. Girly men need two tries to swing the doors shut. That may sound like a downside, but I hate the tinny feeling of a 3 series BMW. And, for a two-door, the back seat is amazingly roomy. A 5'10" man can sit very comfortably for a long ride.

Seats; Build Quality.

An inch more headroom in the rear seat.

Don't waste your money!
By bob

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I married into this car. Wife explained she liked the style, the seats are very comfortable, and she got a good deal on it. I agree with her, however, this car has been to the shop way too much. Things like, light switch, power seats, strut mounts, sunvisors, abs system, oil leak. I can't even list them all. Allow me to sum it up: I think Volvo engineered a good car but assembled it with lousy parts.

Radio and A/C still work good. Oh and the exhaust system sounds nice.

Nice car, but very poorly made
By across777

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I loved this car when I bought a 1999 certified pre-owned. But I have had a lot of trouble with it, and right now its basically falling apart. Of course, my warranty just expired and my extended warranty I bought through the dealership has turned out to be worthless. The car is making all kinds of rattling and squeeking noises, and various things have stopped working, like the power seats, even the headlights!

Gotta love it...
By tigger4mayor

1999 Volvo C70 Coupe HT Turbo 2dr Coupe

This is what I had been looking for and this car (my color: desert wind metallic) turns heads all the time.

The sound system is beautiful and very well worth it. The exterior design rivals even those cars of '03, nuff said.

Headlights, the cloudy look is awful, but can be improved. Xenons on this luxury coupe should have been an option or standard.