Used 1999 Volvo C70 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

LT 2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )

Won't do it again
By bizemoma

1999 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

We bought this Volvo C70 Convertible with 74K on it. With in the first two weeks of owning it we had to have front end work done on it. Then the motor in the driver seat died while it was in the lean forward position. That was 1K to fix. After that the top got stuck half way up. Finally, when it rained we got an inch of water in the passinger side floor. I loved this car but did not want to put another dime in it. We got rid of it 6 months after buying it. I'm still attracted to Volvo's though. Only if I had a bigger wallet.

Not as good as they use to be.
By EJ

1999 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

Overall this car hasn't great, the recall for the ECM/Throttle body is the biggest fault. Volvo basically just patched it, the throttle body WILL fail and has to be replaced. Not a cheap repair at the dealer, 1k just for the part, I ordered a new one from another company and replaced mine myself. The ABS control module failed, replaced it myself, the cooling fan went out, the heater/AC blower went out, heater core had to be replaced also. I bought this car when it had 20k on it and I drive almost entirely on the Interstate. The turning radius is awful, a friend has a V70 and it is also. Oh, and how could I forget, the convertible top, doesn't work anymore.

Favorite Features

Looks, sound system, performance.

Amazing Car
By volvoman

1999 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

This is the best car that I've ever owned I have never had any problems and it is so much fun I drive it everywhere even to the beach

Favorite Features

surround sound convertible european

Suggested Improvements

none!!!!!!!!

Great fun ride!
By best-Used-car

1999 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought this Car almost 5 years back. This car had about 80K miles, but I loved the condition and mechanic report. So far, people think that its a relatively new/less-used car as the metallic color on this car is of very superior quality and still shines. Anyway, I have spent almost $2k so far on this car including new sports tire and minor maintenance issues and oil changes. I enjoy it riding every day to work and occasionally to the beach. Best used car in the market, no doubt.

Favorite Features

Metallic color is very good quality. Sound system. Tight on road. Pickup. Style. Roomy (both front and rear). Large trunk

Suggested Improvements

There are small issues associated with this car like power seats stop working as a stupid $10 switch breaks after a while. These kind of common issues should be fixed using a recall

Just another Ford
By jaded

1999 Volvo C70 Convertible LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

For four years, this was the car I sought; it was my dream car. Owning it can only be summed up in one word: FORD..Fix Or Repair Daily. And of course, every repair, no matter how small was excessively expensive; example, the cost to replace the light bulb which illuminates the automatic transmission selector panel is $85. In addition to having never needed this done in even an Americam car, to replace this bulb required that the back seat, console, and gear selector be removed to access the bulb.

Favorite Features

The car has a very comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Either make a quality electronic throttle or return to the old fashioned dependable linkage. The doors and windows have been sub-contracted to another manufactor, are cheaply made, and consistently go out of alignment or stop working correctly. The convertible top wears holes in itself.