Used 1999 Volvo C70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C70 model:

Won't do it again
By bizemoma

1999 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

We bought this Volvo C70 Convertible with 74K on it. With in the first two weeks of owning it we had to have front end work done on it. Then the motor in the driver seat died while it was in the lean forward position. That was 1K to fix. After that the top got stuck half way up. Finally, when it rained we got an inch of water in the passinger side floor. I loved this car but did not want to put another dime in it. We got rid of it 6 months after buying it. I'm still attracted to Volvo's though. Only if I had a bigger wallet.

Not as good as they use to be.
By EJ

1999 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

Overall this car hasn't great, the recall for the ECM/Throttle body is the biggest fault. Volvo basically just patched it, the throttle body WILL fail and has to be replaced. Not a cheap repair at the dealer, 1k just for the part, I ordered a new one from another company and replaced mine myself. The ABS control module failed, replaced it myself, the cooling fan went out, the heater/AC blower went out, heater core had to be replaced also. I bought this car when it had 20k on it and I drive almost entirely on the Interstate. The turning radius is awful, a friend has a V70 and it is also. Oh, and how could I forget, the convertible top, doesn't work anymore.

Favorite Features

Looks, sound system, performance.

Amazing Car
By volvoman

1999 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

This is the best car that I've ever owned I have never had any problems and it is so much fun I drive it everywhere even to the beach

Favorite Features

surround sound convertible european

Suggested Improvements

none!!!!!!!!

Great fun ride!
By best-Used-car

1999 Volvo C70 LT Turbo 2dr Convertible

I bought this Car almost 5 years back. This car had about 80K miles, but I loved the condition and mechanic report. So far, people think that its a relatively new/less-used car as the metallic color on this car is of very superior quality and still shines. Anyway, I have spent almost $2k so far on this car including new sports tire and minor maintenance issues and oil changes. I enjoy it riding every day to work and occasionally to the beach. Best used car in the market, no doubt.

Favorite Features

Metallic color is very good quality. Sound system. Tight on road. Pickup. Style. Roomy (both front and rear). Large trunk

Suggested Improvements

There are small issues associated with this car like power seats stop working as a stupid $10 switch breaks after a while. These kind of common issues should be fixed using a recall

1999 C70 LT Coupe, Overall a Good Car
By Tareq Shahwan

1999 Volvo C70 LT 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used with about 30,000 miles. I've owened now for 6+ years, very little problems. I had an issue with the turbo (was leaking and had it repaired for about $150). Other than that, it has been a pretty good car. The only issue with this model (and the dealers I've visited agreed with me on) is the ABD braking system. It is flaky and kicks in during normal braking conditions. One issue I had recently was with the switching panel on the dirver door that controls the windows, the unit blew up while I was driving and I saw smoke come out inside the car. I ordered a brand new unit for about $145 (if I remember correctly) and replaced it myself. Other than that, it's been fun

Favorite Features

Handling, exterior style, and as one of the reviews mentiond this car is built like a tank, the doors are very heavy and you feel protected inside.

Suggested Improvements

ABS, gas mileage