1998 Volvo C70 Consumer Review: I'm in love!

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe - Consumer Review

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe

I'm in love!
By Ed on

1998 Volvo C70 2dr Coupe

I've been eyeing this car ever since it debuted several years ago. Finally this year, I went out and bought one. A 98, 5 speed, HPT coupe, Saffron on Grey leather with the Dolby Sound System. I was lucky to find one in saffron, since it's such a rare colour. Everywhere I go, people stare at the car. It's a real head turner. I constantly get people trying to race me at stop lights! The styling is just drop dead gorgeous, and the seats, are by-far, the most comfortable seats in any car, I've ever sat in. Hands down. The power is outstanding! I've taken this Volvo up to 250kph effortlessly. I plan to modify my C70 soon, even though the power is incredible already.

The seats, ooohhhh the seats. The powerful turbocharged engine. Floor this puppy, and that inline five lets out a ferocious howl that will put any 4 banger to shame. The styling is just drop dead gorgious. It's the most beautiful car in this price range. I love that saffron colour. So rare.

There's a bit of turbo lag in 1st gear. Entry to the back seat will make your impatient friends/family complain. There is a lot of wind noise at higher speeds, but you don't seem to notice after owning it for a while. Other than those tiny little flaws, the car is almost/should be flawless.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review