1998 C70 Coupe
By Stephen on
1998 Volvo C70 2dr Coupe
I purchased this car used for not a lot of money, but I feel that it's worth much more than I paid. This is the car I wanted to own when I was 16 years old, but it didn't exist then and the cost was unthinkable. It's going to be with me for 10 years since I don't drive it that much. Most people don't know what it is or even notice it. When I take friends for a ride in it, they tell me it's the most solid and luxurious car they've ever ridden in. Too bad most of the used ones are badly beaten up, it took me 3 months to find a low-miles garaged one to buy. I'm optimistic the 5 cylinder motor is going to be durable. A lot of the ones out there have 150,000 miles+ and are still running.
Favorite Features
Design (wow!), comfort (best seating in any car, ever, though long-term durability of the leather is not real great), and the incredible feeling of luxury and safety found in few cars of any kind. The sound system is spectacular, and believe it or not, trunk and inside access isn't too bad.
Suggested Improvements
The engineers designed this car to waste gasoline whenever conditions are not perfect inside the engine. Used C70 sellers LIED that this car got good fuel economy. Fooled me. I only get 17 mpg in suburban driving. The steering system jerks around on rough pavement, which I'm modifying. Wish me luck!