Used 1998 Volvo C70 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Volvo C70 - Consumer Reviews

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe

HT 2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (20 reviews )

my saffron 98 c70
By bradleywestra

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

i bought this car as my first car and man oh man i love this car the car has given me no problems itis a very reliable car

Favorite Features

the seats are the most comfy car seats i have ever sat in

Incredible car
By karhas

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for 11 years. One of the best I've driven. Car is now at 350K and yes, maint is expensive, but worth it. Oil changes every 3 months and i would suggest owners budget atleast $1200 a year for maintenance. Besides oil changes & tuneups - Issues: ABS module - approx $300 to fix. Heater core - @250K - approx $800 Window switch - approx $200 Rear antenna - approx $100

Favorite Features

Incredible attention on the road, even for an 11 year old car. Fast - comfortable - wonderful to drive. I also own an S60 2.5T, but I find that I enjoy the C70 better.

1998 C70 Coupe
By Stephen

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car used for not a lot of money, but I feel that it's worth much more than I paid. This is the car I wanted to own when I was 16 years old, but it didn't exist then and the cost was unthinkable. It's going to be with me for 10 years since I don't drive it that much. Most people don't know what it is or even notice it. When I take friends for a ride in it, they tell me it's the most solid and luxurious car they've ever ridden in. Too bad most of the used ones are badly beaten up, it took me 3 months to find a low-miles garaged one to buy. I'm optimistic the 5 cylinder motor is going to be durable. A lot of the ones out there have 150,000 miles+ and are still running.

Favorite Features

Design (wow!), comfort (best seating in any car, ever, though long-term durability of the leather is not real great), and the incredible feeling of luxury and safety found in few cars of any kind. The sound system is spectacular, and believe it or not, trunk and inside access isn't too bad.

Suggested Improvements

The engineers designed this car to waste gasoline whenever conditions are not perfect inside the engine. Used C70 sellers LIED that this car got good fuel economy. Fooled me. I only get 17 mpg in suburban driving. The steering system jerks around on rough pavement, which I'm modifying. Wish me luck!

Fun, Fast and Sporty
By ttone

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Excellent vehicle but very expensive to repair. Almost all parts come from europe. Rare, comfortable, fast. Good investment for a person looking for luxury and speed!!

Well Pleased.
By James Woode

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Was looking for a "Personal Car" as have a M-B "Family Car) and found it in the Volvo C70. It was my second Volvo and was impressed with the overall engineering that goes into their products. The car has served me well and continues to draw "raves" for appearance. Gas mileage is in the 32- mpg area on the highway. The sound system is outstanding. Currently have 49,000 miles on the car and has held up very well and shows no "age". Great Car!!!!

Favorite Features

Sound System, Exterior Design, High Quality, Sound Engineering.

Suggested Improvements

None.