1998 Volvo C70 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

HT 2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (20 reviews )
my saffron 98 c70
By bradleywestra on 03/05/12 10:24 AM (PST)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

i bought this car as my first car and man oh man i love this car the car has given me no problems itis a very reliable car

Incredible car
By karhas on 02/06/11 12:30 PM (PST)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for 11 years. One of the best I've driven. Car is now at 350K and yes, maint is expensive, but worth it. Oil changes every 3 months and i would suggest owners budget atleast $1200 a year for maintenance. Besides oil changes & tuneups - Issues: ABS module - approx $300 to fix. Heater core - @250K - approx $800 Window switch - approx $200 Rear antenna - approx $100

1998 C70 Coupe
By Stephen on 06/04/08 16:41 PM (PDT)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car used for not a lot of money, but I feel that it's worth much more than I paid. This is the car I wanted to own when I was 16 years old, but it didn't exist then and the cost was unthinkable. It's going to be with me for 10 years since I don't drive it that much. Most people don't know what it is or even notice it. When I take friends for a ride in it, they tell me it's the most solid and luxurious car they've ever ridden in. Too bad most of the used ones are badly beaten up, it took me 3 months to find a low-miles garaged one to buy. I'm optimistic the 5 cylinder motor is going to be durable. A lot of the ones out there have 150,000 miles+ and are still running.

Fun, Fast and Sporty
By ttone on 04/09/07 12:45 PM (PDT)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Excellent vehicle but very expensive to repair. Almost all parts come from europe. Rare, comfortable, fast. Good investment for a person looking for luxury and speed!!

Well Pleased.
By James Woode on 03/10/07 15:18 PM (PST)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Was looking for a "Personal Car" as have a M-B "Family Car) and found it in the Volvo C70. It was my second Volvo and was impressed with the overall engineering that goes into their products. The car has served me well and continues to draw "raves" for appearance. Gas mileage is in the 32- mpg area on the highway. The sound system is outstanding. Currently have 49,000 miles on the car and has held up very well and shows no "age". Great Car!!!!

overall excellent
By smokey on 06/01/06 15:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

fine sports car drivability. cannot understand needless complexity computerized seat movement systems which meant frozen passenger seat fixable only by dealer with xpensive equipment 400 miles away.

I'm in love!
By Ed on 12/19/05 03:40 AM (PST)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've been eyeing this car ever since it debuted several years ago. Finally this year, I went out and bought one. A 98, 5 speed, HPT coupe, Saffron on Grey leather with the Dolby Sound System. I was lucky to find one in saffron, since it's such a rare colour. Everywhere I go, people stare at the car. It's a real head turner. I constantly get people trying to race me at stop lights! The styling is just drop dead gorgeous, and the seats, are by-far, the most comfortable seats in any car, I've ever sat in. Hands down. The power is outstanding! I've taken this Volvo up to 250kph effortlessly. I plan to modify my C70 soon, even though the power is incredible already.

Love this car!
By Taoistarts on 10/05/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car. From the surround sound to the exterior styling. From the powerhouse turbo engine to the tight steering. If you are looking for a soft steer or a luxury coupe look elsewhere, but if you fancy a REAL sport coupe this is your baby. A little noise from the sunroof but not enough to detract from the overall fun of this fantastic ride.

A lot of style and performance for the $
By Mike on 01/21/05 19:48 PM (PST)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in '02 with 43,000 miles and have since driven it to 78,500. I truly enjoy this car each day and am surprised that this now 7-yr old vehicle still draws admiring comments. Great acceleration, but wish it was an all-wheel or rear-wheel drive. Not many used cars in this price range can achieve the 6.2 or better to 60 MPH. Only complaints thus far is an annoying noise in the roof that accompanies heavy dew or rain, flaking paint on front bumper and cheap plastic switch that has broken under seats disabling power functions... (fixed with a rubber band!)

Doesn't make the grade
By dgart on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Although this car still turns heads, it is a disappointment when it comes to reliability. I find myself living at the dealership with them fixing something else that is broken on it. For the past year I've been having problems with the breaking system and suspension.