2011 Volvo C30 Consumer Review: Get it for what it is: a premi

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Review

Get it for what it is: a premium hatch.
By Robert James G on

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've read plenty of reviews stating how this car doesn't measure up to the GTI and Cooper S. I disagree. I used to have a 2008 Cooper S, and it spent months at the shop, had to sell it at a loss. Used to have a MazdaSpeed 3 - great car, but uncomfortable on city streets. The Volvo is a car made for the real world - I don't go to tracks every Saturday; this car ROCKS 95% of the time. It's not the last word on performance and handling, but it's the best mix of comfort and sporty driving I could find. And the exterior - it's just a work of art. I never thought I'd own a Volvo, but I'm happy I do now!

The exterior. It's just sexy. Interior materials quality. Nothing comes close. Dealership experience. Best I've ever tried. Gave me a nice discount and lots of extras. Warranty. 5 years, are you kidding me? Performance, what an engine. Pulls hard from anywhere up to 6,500 RPM.

Steering could have more feel. Small cargo area. Could use a Sport mode, with tighter steering and sharper throttle, like the Euro Focus ST.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review