2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C30 model:
Brilliant Automobile
By modcookieparty on 09/24/11 20:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is absolutely fantastic. I've had the R-Design for about 6 months now and love driving it. The handling is very tight and the acceleration is good for its class. The body styling sets you apart from the crowd and the interior styling is comfortable and very functional. The ability to customize features and options hits the mark. The only drawback is that the exterior r-design styling features seem a bit flimsy - we'll see how they hold up over time. I couldn't be happier with this car - at least until the polestar version is available.

HOT!! Volvo C30 R-Design
By rsoldier97 on 08/17/11 21:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove several cars to include the Volkswagon GTI and Mazdaspeed 3. I wanted something with a European feel when driving and this car nailed it. The Car has more than ample horsepower. Exterior Styling is a attention grabber.....Going to a new drive thru window always has the kids commenting on the car. It really is a wonder why there is not many on the road, but it sure does get attention....Interior is a BIT BORING, but I spiced it up with amplifiers. Kinda upset that door sills are not dressed up like other "luxury" brands. If you want something with performance and not just a kiddie compact tuner cars this will get attention. My first Volvo and I love it. Hatch is small.

Mistake ?
By kandrew68 on 03/15/11 11:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

WIND NOISE - drive it and pay carefull attention and make your own informed decision. The C30 has major wind noise issues. This gas milage is aslo poor - 21 in combined city/highway driving. After 3 months and 1300 miles, had to take the car into the dealer - hissing noise under hood. Leaking either coolant or refrigerant. Only good thing so far is it comes with 5 year 60-month bumper-to-bumper warranty and it looks COOL. If only my wife had chosen a another car or I had waited for the LEXUS CT-200! So buyer beware.

Dare to Be different
By kandrew68 on 12/30/10 14:05 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

2011 C30 R-design auto. Drives sporty, has adequate power, very unique shape, interior is one of a kind, decent stereo, bluetooth works flawlessly, USB port picks up all music on USB drive. This car is a real roomy for its size. With rear seats folded it has plenty of cargo room – more than a MINI or CRZ. Road noise is above average but somewhat expected with 18 in wheels/tire combo and a smaller car.

Nice daily driver
By LMSTENT on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Recently purchased the C30 with 6 speed manual to use as a daily driver. It has a very nice balance between handling and comfort with a bent toward the fun side. The acceleration is decent and the car is nice and solid. For such a small car, I feel safe (I guess typical Volvo) -- the doors are sturdy and the car is heavy for its class. The car is unique in appearance and is general a joy to drive (have put 2,000 miles on the car - so beyond the "honeymoon" period. Demerits include slight rattle from both windows when partially down and horrible whistling wind noise from the seatbelt outlets when fully open. Decent but not great Dynaudio sound; manual not up to par with other European cars.

2011 C30 R-Design
By Volvo Driver on 05/31/10 05:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We traded in our 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD for this new C30. The C30 is even more fun to drive than the S40 was. I was concerned about ride stiffness from the R-Design with the lower profile tires but while the ride is firmer it is not uncomfortable at all on the roads we drive daily. Our choice of styling was confirmed when a new VW GTI that still had the paper tags on it had the driver and two passengers admiring the C30 when we were running side by side on the expressway.

Under Rated Volvo C30
By PKL on 05/07/10 08:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We really love the new 2011 C30 R Design we purchased two month ago, so much so we ordered a second one. It handles even better than advertised, very tigthly built and EXTREMELY fun to drive. Due it's unique design and Volvo doing a poor job of advertising the C30, it's seldom seen on the road, which makes folks stop and look. It's not just another Japanese hatchback/econo box. Most important to us was it's best in class safety rating. We did our homework before we bought the C30 and it exceeded our expectations in all areas

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback in VA is:

$147 per month*