2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C30 model:
Great Car!
By jersite on 09/29/11 17:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had my 2011 Volvo C30 for a little over a month now and overall, really love the car. The styling is amazing, handling great, seats the most comfortable I've ever sat in (heated seats a huge bonus) and great fun to drive. Other high points are bluetooth which works amazingly well, iPod integration, and great visibility. Only drawbacks (and minor at best), huge, oversized key, so-so mileage and difficulty accessing rear seat. All that said, I would recommend the C30 to everyone.

Brilliant Automobile
By modcookieparty on 09/24/11 20:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is absolutely fantastic. I've had the R-Design for about 6 months now and love driving it. The handling is very tight and the acceleration is good for its class. The body styling sets you apart from the crowd and the interior styling is comfortable and very functional. The ability to customize features and options hits the mark. The only drawback is that the exterior r-design styling features seem a bit flimsy - we'll see how they hold up over time. I couldn't be happier with this car - at least until the polestar version is available.

HOT!! Volvo C30 R-Design
By rsoldier97 on 08/17/11 21:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove several cars to include the Volkswagon GTI and Mazdaspeed 3. I wanted something with a European feel when driving and this car nailed it. The Car has more than ample horsepower. Exterior Styling is a attention grabber.....Going to a new drive thru window always has the kids commenting on the car. It really is a wonder why there is not many on the road, but it sure does get attention....Interior is a BIT BORING, but I spiced it up with amplifiers. Kinda upset that door sills are not dressed up like other "luxury" brands. If you want something with performance and not just a kiddie compact tuner cars this will get attention. My first Volvo and I love it. Hatch is small.

Most refined tuner car.
By jailhousemd on 08/03/11 11:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I realize that most people will not consider this a tuner car. It seems to have all the features of a Mazdaspeed, GTI, etc. This car is more comfortable than any other car that I have previously owned (GTI, Mazdaspeed, Civic Si). Nice that I can use 87 octane gas. MPG so far is a little better than 27 mpg/gallon combined. I believe it still needs to be broken in. Also, overall cost is really no different than a loaded GTI. By the way, I have leather, sunroof, and 100K Maintenance plan. I do believe that the Mazdaspeed is a little faster, but I am commuting not street racing.

Superb GT / Shooting Brake
By dccommuter on 06/28/11 14:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After the initial 2000 miles I am very pleased with this car. Excellent daily driver with very good performance. Actual gas mileage has exceeded expectations at 24 mpg around town and 31 mpg on a long highway trip. The distinctive looks draw a bit of attention. Rides much more comfortably and looks much better than the GTI in my view. Everything simply works well. I'm particularly happy with the cabin ergonomics. Have not had any wind noise issues as others reported. A refined and reasonably priced car given the free maintenance, especially now that end of year rebates are available.

Great Driving Experience
By califas on 06/11/11 23:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

In evaluating a car, first you define the mission. No car can be all things. If you want a Corvette, you understand that it can't have the gas mileage of a Prius. This is the T5 C30 with 17 in wheels: A small, nimble car with an appealing and distinctive aesthetic that coddles the driver with excellent ride dynamics and great interior design. It is not trying to be a track car. It is 2+2 GT road car. It gets you through your driving day with a minimum of fatigue and a maximum of bliss. It has the quickness and agility to squeeze through traffic, yet still has a cabin that is quiet and comfortable. Plus, it feels like quality, it is nice to look at, and it is just fun to drive.

Mistake ?
By kandrew68 on 03/15/11 11:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

WIND NOISE - drive it and pay carefull attention and make your own informed decision. The C30 has major wind noise issues. This gas milage is aslo poor - 21 in combined city/highway driving. After 3 months and 1300 miles, had to take the car into the dealer - hissing noise under hood. Leaking either coolant or refrigerant. Only good thing so far is it comes with 5 year 60-month bumper-to-bumper warranty and it looks COOL. If only my wife had chosen a another car or I had waited for the LEXUS CT-200! So buyer beware.

Dare to Be different
By kandrew68 on 12/30/10 14:05 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

2011 C30 R-design auto. Drives sporty, has adequate power, very unique shape, interior is one of a kind, decent stereo, bluetooth works flawlessly, USB port picks up all music on USB drive. This car is a real roomy for its size. With rear seats folded it has plenty of cargo room – more than a MINI or CRZ. Road noise is above average but somewhat expected with 18 in wheels/tire combo and a smaller car.

What About the Breaks?
By jbreach on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great looks and peppy engine but what about the breaks. Brought it back to dealership twice wondering why oh why doesn't this car have a firm break pedal. Why must I travel halfway down before breaks engage and when they do why does it feel so choppy? Is this a Volvo trademark because if it is I sure don't want or need it. This one very important aspect has left me lukewarm on this car and wondering if I made a $25k mistake which I will now regret until I trade it in.

Great Car
By KW on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my C30 for two months now and still have fun driving this car. It's fast, comfortable and handles great. Just got back from a 5 hour trip to Boston and the comfort of the seats held up the entire trip and I averaged 29 miles per gallon. The exterior continues to attract attention and turn heads.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback in VA is:

$148 per month*