Used 2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C30 model:

Great Car!
By jersite

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had my 2011 Volvo C30 for a little over a month now and overall, really love the car. The styling is amazing, handling great, seats the most comfortable I've ever sat in (heated seats a huge bonus) and great fun to drive. Other high points are bluetooth which works amazingly well, iPod integration, and great visibility. Only drawbacks (and minor at best), huge, oversized key, so-so mileage and difficulty accessing rear seat. All that said, I would recommend the C30 to everyone.

Favorite Features

Styling Performance Reliability Safe and Secure Plan Unique -- not a car you see every 10 minutes on the road

Suggested Improvements

Easier access to rear seat Small key Better fuel economy More usable storage spaces

Brilliant Automobile
By modcookieparty

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is absolutely fantastic. I've had the R-Design for about 6 months now and love driving it. The handling is very tight and the acceleration is good for its class. The body styling sets you apart from the crowd and the interior styling is comfortable and very functional. The ability to customize features and options hits the mark. The only drawback is that the exterior r-design styling features seem a bit flimsy - we'll see how they hold up over time. I couldn't be happier with this car - at least until the polestar version is available.

Favorite Features

Performance and tech features - USB connectivity and system customization. Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Body features could be a bit more durable

HOT!! Volvo C30 R-Design
By rsoldier97

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove several cars to include the Volkswagon GTI and Mazdaspeed 3. I wanted something with a European feel when driving and this car nailed it. The Car has more than ample horsepower. Exterior Styling is a attention grabber.....Going to a new drive thru window always has the kids commenting on the car. It really is a wonder why there is not many on the road, but it sure does get attention....Interior is a BIT BORING, but I spiced it up with amplifiers. Kinda upset that door sills are not dressed up like other "luxury" brands. If you want something with performance and not just a kiddie compact tuner cars this will get attention. My first Volvo and I love it. Hatch is small.

Favorite Features

Exterior is attention grabber. Turbo is smooth and powerful enough.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a better looking radio and temp controls. At least something modern looking.

Most refined tuner car.
By jailhousemd

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I realize that most people will not consider this a tuner car. It seems to have all the features of a Mazdaspeed, GTI, etc. This car is more comfortable than any other car that I have previously owned (GTI, Mazdaspeed, Civic Si). Nice that I can use 87 octane gas. MPG so far is a little better than 27 mpg/gallon combined. I believe it still needs to be broken in. Also, overall cost is really no different than a loaded GTI. By the way, I have leather, sunroof, and 100K Maintenance plan. I do believe that the Mazdaspeed is a little faster, but I am commuting not street racing.

Favorite Features

Seats are extremely comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

Superb GT / Shooting Brake
By dccommuter

2011 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After the initial 2000 miles I am very pleased with this car. Excellent daily driver with very good performance. Actual gas mileage has exceeded expectations at 24 mpg around town and 31 mpg on a long highway trip. The distinctive looks draw a bit of attention. Rides much more comfortably and looks much better than the GTI in my view. Everything simply works well. I'm particularly happy with the cabin ergonomics. Have not had any wind noise issues as others reported. A refined and reasonably priced car given the free maintenance, especially now that end of year rebates are available.

Favorite Features

Excellent seats, Safety Rating, Handling, Comfort, ABS and Stability Control, excellent Bluetooth, Standard Audio System comes w/USB Audio. Available soft cargo cover and window shades work very well to provide visual security for cargo.

Suggested Improvements

Make the soft cargo cover standard...