2011 Volvo C30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C30 model:
Great Car!
By jersite on 09/29/11 17:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had my 2011 Volvo C30 for a little over a month now and overall, really love the car. The styling is amazing, handling great, seats the most comfortable I've ever sat in (heated seats a huge bonus) and great fun to drive. Other high points are bluetooth which works amazingly well, iPod integration, and great visibility. Only drawbacks (and minor at best), huge, oversized key, so-so mileage and difficulty accessing rear seat. All that said, I would recommend the C30 to everyone.

Most refined tuner car.
By jailhousemd on 08/03/11 11:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I realize that most people will not consider this a tuner car. It seems to have all the features of a Mazdaspeed, GTI, etc. This car is more comfortable than any other car that I have previously owned (GTI, Mazdaspeed, Civic Si). Nice that I can use 87 octane gas. MPG so far is a little better than 27 mpg/gallon combined. I believe it still needs to be broken in. Also, overall cost is really no different than a loaded GTI. By the way, I have leather, sunroof, and 100K Maintenance plan. I do believe that the Mazdaspeed is a little faster, but I am commuting not street racing.

Superb GT / Shooting Brake
By dccommuter on 06/28/11 14:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After the initial 2000 miles I am very pleased with this car. Excellent daily driver with very good performance. Actual gas mileage has exceeded expectations at 24 mpg around town and 31 mpg on a long highway trip. The distinctive looks draw a bit of attention. Rides much more comfortably and looks much better than the GTI in my view. Everything simply works well. I'm particularly happy with the cabin ergonomics. Have not had any wind noise issues as others reported. A refined and reasonably priced car given the free maintenance, especially now that end of year rebates are available.

Great Driving Experience
By califas on 06/11/11 23:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

In evaluating a car, first you define the mission. No car can be all things. If you want a Corvette, you understand that it can't have the gas mileage of a Prius. This is the T5 C30 with 17 in wheels: A small, nimble car with an appealing and distinctive aesthetic that coddles the driver with excellent ride dynamics and great interior design. It is not trying to be a track car. It is 2+2 GT road car. It gets you through your driving day with a minimum of fatigue and a maximum of bliss. It has the quickness and agility to squeeze through traffic, yet still has a cabin that is quiet and comfortable. Plus, it feels like quality, it is nice to look at, and it is just fun to drive.

What About the Breaks?
By jbreach on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great looks and peppy engine but what about the breaks. Brought it back to dealership twice wondering why oh why doesn't this car have a firm break pedal. Why must I travel halfway down before breaks engage and when they do why does it feel so choppy? Is this a Volvo trademark because if it is I sure don't want or need it. This one very important aspect has left me lukewarm on this car and wondering if I made a $25k mistake which I will now regret until I trade it in.

Great Car
By KW on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my C30 for two months now and still have fun driving this car. It's fast, comfortable and handles great. Just got back from a 5 hour trip to Boston and the comfort of the seats held up the entire trip and I averaged 29 miles per gallon. The exterior continues to attract attention and turn heads.

Forget Mini check out Volvo
By Lauren on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I thought I loved my 2007 Mini S convertible, but 2 weeks after warranty ran out I had to pay $500 on maintenance after I had just spent a $1000 replacing my run flat tires, I decided to get out before I spent well more than that car was worth...I am so glad that I did. My 2011 C30 is refreshing and my passengers love the upgrade. It is the perfect car for me. I am in my early 30's married with no children, so I rarely have back seat passengers (a must for this car). This car so sophisticated with out being boring or stuffy. Fun, fast and fabulous, I don't understand why more people aren't in love... that's okay because I love having a car that makes a statement the individual.

Thumbs Up on the C-30
By gitmogrunt on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is the first brand new Volvo I ever owned. I traded in a used 2006 S-60 for the 2011 C-30 and we love it. It handles very well, and has great response. It comes with a service package that can't be beat.

Under-appreciated car
By Chris on 08/07/10 17:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

A great car for a daily driver. Lots of features even on the base model. What you give up at the high extremes of performance you more than make up for with daily usability. Much more comfortable in normal conditions than any of the other 'hot hatches' (GTI, etc).

C30 T5 6M
By cafepost on 06/08/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love love love this car. I do not understand why there are not more of these on the road. I've only seen three. It's fast and so much fun to drive. Cute. Stylish. Comfortable. Affordable. I've done Japanese. I've done American. I wanted to do European this time and I did good by choosing this one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo C30 in VA is:

$147 per month*