Used 2010 Volvo C30 R-Design Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C30 model:

Unique Sport Hatch!
By realcsi

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2010 C30 R Design (automatic) at the very end of the sales year. It's the "classic style" before they changed the look of the front end. I'm very satisfied with the performance and reliability. I have over 52,000 on mine without any problems to speak of. This is a great, fun to drive car that's a head-turner. I would suggest that you stay away from the light colored leather seats that wear poorly.

More mile per gallon, without losing much H.P., is always a great idea. Dump the light tan/beige leather seat color as an option. It wears very poorly and can't be cleaned easily.

C30 is a head-turner
By HoustonJ

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had scores of cars through the years, from Lexus, Infinit, Porsche, BMW, Audi and others. I have gotten more favorable comments about the C30 than any car I've owned. It's a sort of cult classic already. Fun to drive, great for urban transport, I can even take adults in back without apologizing. I've had it for 6 months and really love this car.

styling, performance, upscale feel, limited production, sound system, fit and finish.

Not much I can think of after living with this car for 6+ months.

So far so good!!!
By Franky

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Got one of the last 2010's with the old front design. Love the car. Ride is stiff but not as stiff as my old 07 GTI. Engine is strong and satisfying, got it with a 6spd manual. Interior materials are really nice, but a little rattly (more so than girlfriends S40). Stereo and navi are superb, and everyone looks at it on the road...really unique!! No reliability issues so far, the car has a decent exhaust note, and it actually handles really well!! The seats are superb and they look great with the contrast stitching. I found the car to be sluggish with the automatic but quite powerful with the manual trans. Would buy it again if I had to do it all over.

Keyless drive and stereo are great. The navi pops up from the dash and is so cool! I like the 18s, they don't make the ride too harsh either. Exterior is so good looking!!!

The cup holders are right in front of the shifter, so with a can of coke in them, its uncomfortable to shift. The interior materials are of a lower quality than that of the S40. The back windows rattle a little.