Used 2010 Volvo C30 R-Design Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific C30 model:

Sweet Ride!
By Stephen

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I got the automatic C30 R-Design last August 2015 when there was just over 58,000 miles on the odometer and have since added over 10,000 miles. My previous car was a 2000 Buick LeSabre so I was looking for a vehicle that provided a similar ride but had a bit of fun factor to it. I also need a car that has good seats as I have a bad back. The car is also parked on a city street, so I wanted something smaller that could easily be parked and not get dented. I looked at a 2015 Mini Cooper S, a 2014VW GTI, and this car. The Mini was my favorite when it came to its quirky design but it ends there; the mechanics and overall comfort was pathetic for such an expensive vehicle. I also decided against it when I learned that the Hardtop failed a side impact safety test (which the dealership claimed they fixed by adding more interior padding). The next car I tried was the VW GTI. It was an okay vehicle but the ride was harsh, the seats were hard and not as supportive as older models, and the materials were just cheap (worse than the Mini and that's saying a lot). I then found my 2010 Volvo C30. The seats are impressive but I guess that's to be expected as they are the only ones in the market to be designed by orthopedic surgeons. I was greatly surprised to discover that the C30 has a softer ride than the Buick LeSabre. The car has great vision and safety, as it has large windows and is equipped with BLIS (though I have not turned it on yet). The vehicle also weighs over 4300 pounds, which is heavier by at least 1500 pounds compared to the Mini and VW. The Volvo C30 attracts a lot of attention wherever I go because of its unique design and its great engine note when starting or accelerating. The Volvo has also been very reliable with only oil changes needed. The only downside, but not really for a car this awesome, is the mileage. On premium, I can only get 22.8 mpg in mixed driving but highway mpg easily reaches 32 mpg.

Unique Sport Hatch!
By realcsi

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2010 C30 R Design (automatic) at the very end of the sales year. It's the "classic style" before they changed the look of the front end. I'm very satisfied with the performance and reliability. I have over 52,000 on mine without any problems to speak of.
This is a great, fun to drive car that's a head-turner. I would suggest that you stay away from the light colored leather seats that wear poorly.

More mile per gallon, without losing much H.P., is always a great idea. Dump the light tan/beige leather seat color as an option. It wears very poorly and can't be cleaned easily.

C30 is a head-turner
By HoustonJ

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had scores of cars through the years, from Lexus, Infinit, Porsche, BMW, Audi and others. I have gotten more favorable comments about the C30 than any car I've owned. It's a sort of cult classic already. Fun to drive, great for urban transport, I can even take adults in back without apologizing. I've had it for 6 months and really love this car.

styling, performance, upscale feel, limited production, sound system, fit and finish.

Not much I can think of after living with this car for 6+ months.

So far so good!!!
By Franky

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Got one of the last 2010's with the old front design. Love the car. Ride is stiff but not as stiff as my old 07 GTI. Engine is strong and satisfying, got it with a 6spd manual. Interior materials are really nice, but a little rattly (more so than girlfriends S40). Stereo and navi are superb, and everyone looks at it on the road...really unique!! No reliability issues so far, the car has a decent exhaust note, and it actually handles really well!! The seats are superb and they look great with the contrast stitching. I found the car to be sluggish with the automatic but quite powerful with the manual trans. Would buy it again if I had to do it all over.

Keyless drive and stereo are great. The navi pops up from the dash and is so cool! I like the 18s, they don't make the ride too harsh either. Exterior is so good looking!!!

The cup holders are right in front of the shifter, so with a can of coke in them, its uncomfortable to shift. The interior materials are of a lower quality than that of the S40. The back windows rattle a little.