Used 2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific C30 model:

Unique Sport Hatch!
By realcsi

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2010 C30 R Design (automatic) at the very end of the sales year. It's the "classic style" before they changed the look of the front end. I'm very satisfied with the performance and reliability. I have over 52,000 on mine without any problems to speak of. This is a great, fun to drive car that's a head-turner. I would suggest that you stay away from the light colored leather seats that wear poorly.

Suggested Improvements

More mile per gallon, without losing much H.P., is always a great idea. Dump the light tan/beige leather seat color as an option. It wears very poorly and can't be cleaned easily.

Great Car for A Great Price
By dugan001

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2nd Volvo, other is a 2001 s60, and am very pleased. Purchased the base model in Feb of 2009, and for some reason dealer took 6k of the sticker price. Love the car, drives great and is very fun to drive around town. The 5 speed auto is very smooth however when I want to have better performance I use the auto shift feature which manually controls the shifting. Car has all the options I would want, iPhone and Bluetooth work without issues. I have 5K miles on it and have had no issues. Highly recommend this to anyone considering a mini, which is more expensive and smaller.

Favorite Features

Auto shift is takes the fun of this 227 HP car to new heights. Speaker phone built in along with integrated blue tooth means I can control my iPhone from the steering wheel controls. Not popular in the US so it attracts a lot of attention. Get compliments all the time, body style is a real head turner.

Suggested Improvements

Moving the front seats out of the way to on-board rear seat passengers is like a science project. I never seem to get it right and the seat either does not move with the "one touch" manual control handle or if it does it "forgets" my seat position. This is the most frustrating feature of the car. Whats worse when you take it to the dealer they seam to be able to move it with one finger. Maybe it takes years of practice? Wind noise from side view mirrors is minor noticeable distraction that is easily overcome by the radio.

Industrial Chic
By TwelveCrows

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a big fan of the Ford C1 platform. Prior to my C30, I owned an 04 Mazda 3s; I loved it. But as much as I did, it pales in comparison to the C30. It is more comfortable and more solid with a more powerful and responsive engine. Other than the wind noise coming from the side mirrors, the cockpit is quiet-isolating the road noise and allowing the driver to hear that throaty growl when the foot presses to the floor. The automatic transmission is smooth- though I've only used the manual shift feature once. The only problem here is that 227 hp driving front wheels can sometimes make the tires slip- with heavy acceleration like pulling out into traffic. The GTI doesn't have this issue.

Favorite Features

The engine is exceptional, as is the balance between the ride and the handling. The R-design is sportier, but I found the ride on the 18' wheels too choppy. I love the simple, industrial design: uncluttered and clean. I think it's called lagam in Swedish: Everything you need and nothing you don't.

Suggested Improvements

Move the power to the back wheels or mount stickier tires to the front. The slippage I mentioned above can be a bit disconcerting.

This is a great little car!!
By Jessica

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am really impressed with my C30. It has the 6-speed, climate package, and sunroof. It handles well in snow and rain so far. I am averaging 28 mpg between highway and small town driving. I took it on a 2000+ mile road trip, and even with all the time in the seat, both my husband and I were comfortable. It does great in mountains, in 6th gear you can still accelerate going up hill w/o having to downshift. Everyone that sees it loves it. I have a 2010 with the previous style headlights (leftover from last year). I like that style better though so I was glad when I found one! Mine has the off black interior and the metallic titanium paint, and it looks great in that color!

Favorite Features

The options are great, heated seats are nice, great safety features, good gas mileage, fun to drive, catches everyone’s attention, SUPER CAR!!! Loving it!!! Not as expensive as everyone thinks... I'll keep them guessing! :)

Suggested Improvements

Maybe lengthen the car a little bit for a longer appearance and a little more cargo room.

C30 is a head-turner
By HoustonJ

2010 Volvo C30 Hatchback R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had scores of cars through the years, from Lexus, Infinit, Porsche, BMW, Audi and others. I have gotten more favorable comments about the C30 than any car I've owned. It's a sort of cult classic already. Fun to drive, great for urban transport, I can even take adults in back without apologizing. I've had it for 6 months and really love this car.

Favorite Features

styling, performance, upscale feel, limited production, sound system, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Not much I can think of after living with this car for 6+ months.