Best in Class, Value and Otherwise
By Paul on
2009 Volvo C30 T5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
Strangely, this exquisite, sophisticated car is being overlooked in rankings because its drive isn't quite as "fun" as other cars. Meanwhile, it has twice the warranty of the far less dependable VW's, and has a solid reputation for reliability and has best in class safety. Being a grown up, I value those two aspects far more than the fun factor, which to me is represented well enough by the zippy engine, which, btw, is the same engine you get on most of the more expensive Volvos, so its a deal at this price. The C30s cost of ownership due is extremely low due to the expanded warranty package that makes it much more like buying a BMW, but for much less money. Best value anywhere.
Favorite Features
The stunning design, inside and out - should appeal to artists of all ages. The amazing stock stereo, 8 well placed speakers that burn in so well you think you're in a much pricier car. The memory foam seats, which are comfortable even after hours of driving. Awesome AC. Solid and sleek.
Suggested Improvements
I really wanted the choice of an environmentally friendlier diesel or hybrid. The terrific performance of the engine in accelerating is too costly in gas mileage for me. According to the auto press, buyers like me (and many of you) for whom engine performance isn't everything, don't exist/matter.