Fun all around
By bas3 on
2008 Volvo C30 T5 Version 1.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
Purchased my C30 in 2008 as a Dealer promotional model (traded in a 2004.5 S40). Now has around 70k miles and is holding up well. One issue- HVAC fan was replaced under warrenty before 15k miles. Excellent commuter vehicle with enough zip to manuvre in heavy (Chicago) traffic with confidence. Very comfortable long range cruiser (I take at least eight 8+ hour trips each year) even with three in the car. Plenty of leg room in back for 6 footers even on long trips, though taller passengers might end up feeling cramped after a few hours. Fuel economy is average (I get about 23/ 24 mpg in city and stop and go rush hour traffic, up to about 26/ 27 for long freeway cruising). FYI, auto tran.
Favorite Features
Nothing stands out; everything works logically and controls are where expected. Exterior design is still unique (not many of them around) and hasn't grown old (I still like seeing my bright blue C30 after a good car wash). Easy to find in a parking lot...
Suggested Improvements
Wheels seem delicate (I'm getting a thumping noise due to one rear wheel slightly dented (out of round)- tires are expensive due to required rating, so have to wait for next service appointment to replace both wheel and two tires (for matching). Alignment seems to get loose rather frequently too and some interior trim isn't seated very well- a few large gaps around the instrument cluster and one carpet fastener keeps popping out and has already been replaced twice.