2008 Volvo C30 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - A niche, but if you

2008 Volvo C30 - Consumer Review

2008 Volvo C30 T5 Version 2.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

A niche, but if you fit, this is the car
By CarDude on

2008 Volvo C30 T5 Version 2.0 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted something fun, but not one of the Racer Boy cars. I have kids, but I'm more likely to be alone and take the wife's VW Passat with the family. This car just FIT. Excellent fuel economy, power when you want it, and space to take things. Can even tow or mount stuff on the roof if needed. Interior is very unique. Some buttons take some getting used to, but overall a really nice stylish design. I like the two rear seats as they didn't try to squeeze in 3. Access with manual seats is great. Comfort is good as long as you put the short people in back. Volvo seats just seem to fit really nice for the long haul. Even the carpet in the back doesn't seem to be a dog hair magnet.

Favorite Features

Engine - torque from 1500 rpm. Seats, great cloth and comfort. Visibility - what blind spot? Handling - tires grip great and suspension allows fun while still being comfy. 60" of cargo with seats down - fit more than I thought. All kinds of tech available. Regular maint is fairly easy for DIY.

Suggested Improvements

While the list of options is impressive, many like cruise control, trip computer, and auto-dimming mirror should be standard equipment at this price point. GPS looks like an afterthought. Lose the $300 surcharge to add options. Screams for a DSG transmission. Power seats slow for rear access.